News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Mario games *sigh

Started by Sammacha, February 23, 2008, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammacha

In my opinio mario games were so awesome!!

hit the blocks, ride yoshi, stop the gomba, down the pipe and you know
but then for some reason Mario games stopped being Mario games

Mario 64 seems to be the last real mario game out there other then the paper mario series

Super sunshine and luigis mansion werent even close to being "mario worlds' games
and now galaxy arg

I would really like to see a 3D mario that lives in his original world
even remaking the original games into 3D would be totally awesome if you ask me!

The mario worlds in Super Smash bros were better then those games
Nooooooo!
my navis.....
Check out my artwork and leave me your critiques, everything helps just be honest, I will reply everyone ASAP
heres my thread
http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/forum/index.php?topic=44.0

razer84

you know, i agree. i liked Galaxy a lot when i started playing it, but now i just don't like it. it's too... different. they took the classic things and made unneeded changes (like why in the world is the fire flow timed???) and everything was just,... i don't know, but i don't like it nearly as much as i used to.

damn commies.

Mike

Just be happy that they actually brought back the flower power. They had cut it out of Mario 64 and Sunshine.

Jamaha

Mario 64 is the 3d Mario game.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Imho, SUPER MARIO GALAXY KICKS MARIO 64's A*S.

pumpy_heart

I never even got into Mario 64...
I think all of them since the SNES have been below par except the Paper Mario series.
Maybe I just don't get it, but I really don't like having to collect stars and junk to go places.

iatetheinternet

I really dont see what had made Super Mario 64 that special, sure it was the first 3D Mario and he got his first voice, But come on poeple say it was better than Ocarina of Time.... W...T...F.

Soon i'll eat YOU!!!

Gu4n

Quote from: iatetheinternet on February 24, 2008, 08:08:29 AMI really dont see what had made Super Mario 64 that special, sure it was the first 3D Mario and he got his first voice, But come on poeple say it was better than Ocarina of Time.... W...T...F.

At what points was Ocarina of Time better? It's story was completely lame: princess got kidnapped (again) by the evil guy, who had kidnapped her two times before. It's was epic because of its size in 3D, and we weren't used to large 3D-worlds, but there's nothing more to it.

razer84

Quote from: G-Han on February 24, 2008, 09:08:34 AM
Quote from: iatetheinternet on February 24, 2008, 08:08:29 AMI really dont see what had made Super Mario 64 that special, sure it was the first 3D Mario and he got his first voice, But come on poeple say it was better than Ocarina of Time.... W...T...F.

At what points was Ocarina of Time better? It's story was completely lame: princess got kidnapped (again) by the evil guy, who had kidnapped her two times before. It's was epic because of its size in 3D, and we weren't used to large 3D-worlds, but there's nothing more to it.

ah, come on. i played again a while ago on the VC and it's still pretty fun. not my favorite game of all time, but it's a good game.

damn commies.

B-Kpianist

I still like SM64 the best, and I've never gotten into any Zelda games. So yah :)

Gu4n

Quote from: razer84 on February 24, 2008, 09:42:56 AM

ah, come on. i played again a while ago on the VC and it's still pretty fun. not my favorite game of all time, but it's a good game.

It surely is fun. But best game ever? Don't make me laugh.

PogoP

I'm sorry, but I just had to register to say something about that statement.

You're saying OoT isn't as good as SM64 because the story is 'lame', in that its about a princess getting kidnapped?  Well what exactly is the story in SM64?

Oh wait, it's exactly the same.

And in my opinion, it really was the best game in its time.  I have so many nostalgic memories of it.  I also love SM64 too, but OoT is the one for me!

Akiro

MM is way------better than OoT

-Better side quests.
-More side quests.
-Masks (^_^)
-Music (Some of the same from OoT, but more different ones.)
-Not like OoT where it's temple after temple after temple.

B-Kpianist

I did like sunshine also- I liked the summertime/vacation environment. I thought that brought a good feel to the game :)

razer84

Quote from: PogoP on February 24, 2008, 02:43:56 PM

I'm sorry, but I just had to register to say something about that statement.

You're saying OoT isn't as good as SM64 because the story is 'lame', in that its about a princess getting kidnapped?  Well what exactly is the story in SM64?

Oh wait, it's exactly the same.

And in my opinion, it really was the best game in its time.  I have so many nostalgic memories of it.  I also love SM64 too, but OoT is the one for me!

o_O you pwnt G-Han 8)

damn commies.