The-Real-Link's Arrangements - NEW ARRANGEMENT!! YAY!!!

Started by The-Real-Link, April 26, 2008, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Real-Link

UPDATE!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!! I know, I know....I haven't submitted anything in a while. I've been pretty busy....Anyways. Here's a nwe arrangement. It's the Big Boss Battle Theme from Super Mario RPG. I did this arrangement about a month ago, and just never got around to submitting it. Enjoy, and please comment. I'll try to get an MP3 and an MIDI made later on today.

(SNES){Super Mario RPG} ~ Big Boss Battle -
MUS - http://www.mediafire.com/?d21jttmoryi

master_gamer38

Great piece in my opinion. I don't remember it from the game, but I haven't played it in forever. Also would you mind if I used the music to turn it into a Viola and String Bass duet?
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: master_gamer38 on April 26, 2008, 10:10:27 PMGreat piece in my opinion. I don't remember it from the game, but I haven't played it in forever. Also would you mind if I used the music to turn it into a Viola and String Bass duet?
Thanks. No I don't mind if you make a string duet out of it. I'd like to see it when you're finished though.

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

master_gamer38

I'll re-upload it when I'm done then.

Finished with the notes, working on cleaning it up now. Then dynamics, I should have it done by next week at the latest.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?zyinyyjbyjv thats what I have so far, I haven't had time to work on it. I just got a presidental achievement award.

EDIT AGAIN: I changed my mind about making this piece. My friend has trouble playing the bass part, and now that school is almost over. I don't really have to many reasons to work on it, and now I am trying to compose, it isn't going well. Oh well though, its fun to try.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

MetroidHunter26

I think it sounds nice (to lazy to look :P) but I can tell from listening the Midi it sounds great :D

The-Real-Link

Echo

From what I could find out, "The Athlete's Rag" is an arrangement by Piano Squall of the "Athletic" theme. Meaning, this isn't in the actual game, and is just an arrangement of an arrangement.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Echo on July 25, 2008, 10:20:01 PMFrom what I could find out, "The Athlete's Rag" is an arrangement by Piano Squall of the "Athletic" theme. Meaning, this isn't in the actual game, and is just an arrangement of an arrangement.
I have heard Michael Gluck's (Piano Squall) version of the song. Mine is vastly different from his. I just now looked it up, his is actually calle "The Athletic Rag". I was trying to think of a better name than "Overworld 2" and came up with "The Athlete's Rag" while similar it's different. If I need to change it I will, but the arrangement is vastly different. (My main reference was the G-Han version we already had on the site.) I used Gluck's as a slight reference for bass chords in a few measures, but other than that mine is original arrangement.

Echo

Please don't make up titles for songs that have official titles... It makes it confusing to look for a recording of the song. But anyways Piano Squall's is actually "The Athlete's Rag".

I tried to find the song you made the arrangement for, and on the OST the closest one I found is track 254 "Athletic", but then a few bits of the your song don't really fit (opening sequence is too different, 8va part, really different tempo... which coincidentally resemble "The Athlete's Rag" :P). If it is based on "Athletic", then remember that the "arrangements" on this site are supposed to be more like transcriptions if anything...

But just to make things clear, could you point out to me which of these tracks you made the arrangement on?
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/super-mario-world-original-soundtrack

Davey

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Echo on July 26, 2008, 12:13:50 PMPlease don't make up titles for songs that have official titles... It makes it confusing to look for a recording of the song. But anyways Piano Squall's is actually "The Athlete's Rag".

I tried to find the song you made the arrangement for, and on the OST the closest one I found is track 254 "Athletic", but then a few bits of the your song don't really fit (opening sequence is too different, 8va part, really different tempo... which coincidentally resemble "The Athlete's Rag" :P). If it is based on "Athletic", then remember that the "arrangements" on this site are supposed to be more like transcriptions if anything...

But just to make things clear, could you point out to me which of these tracks you made the arrangement on?
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/super-mario-world-original-soundtrack

I did it off of the original Athletic Theme. It is not meant to be an ORIGINAL SOUND arrangement, but a Piano Solo Arrangement. Similar to my arrangement of Only Me from Animal Crossing. I actually used the same tempo as the one we have the site (Allegro) I was in no way trying to copy Michael Gluck's version of the song. I was doing an arrangement of the song, and adding a bit of my own flavor, like I do to everything I arrange. If the Mods don't want it on the site because of the slight differences between it and the original sound version, than I will gladly remove it. I don't want to start a fight or anything. I'm actually using this as part of a Super Mario World Medly that is going on my CD. I just figured everybody here would enjoy the full version of it. (BTW, It says "The Athletic Rag" on the Gluck Sheet and CD)

Concerto No.20 in D minor

WTF no I want it on the site your one of my favorite arrangers.  Don't get the wrong idea.  I just played it, its an awesome arrangement.  KEEP IT!

blah54

this is a good arrangement... good job.
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

The-Real-Link

Thanks Concerto!(And you blah) I definately won't take it down then! (Although, don't add it to the site JUST yet, I might make a few tiny changes to the left hand.) *See next post*