Limbo's Arrangements

Started by Limbo, April 27, 2008, 08:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limbo

Well, I'm new at this. I mostly arrange by ear.

Queue:
(DS)Final Fantasy III "Djinn's Curse"
(DS) Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney "Trucy's Theme: Child of Magic"
(GB) Pokemon Red, Blue Yellow "Cerulean City"
Can anyone fix a key signature without having to redo the entire song?? Djinn's Curse needs to be in E-flat but when I change the key signature, it messes the entire song up.  ???

"I wish all the people who have trouble communicating would just shut up."

random_goldfish

Sounds good to me...once you got the main theme of Brawl down you can arrange everything else in the game too, haha!

I still need to to play All Star through with every character...got a few more to go.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Limbo

They overused that theme way too much. I need to beat all star with a ton of people....

random_goldfish

Yeah, it's overused...makes every song in the game too predictable...but in it's defense...it's a nice theme.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Lildigipoke2

i'm confused...is it done? or is it incomplete?

it sounds good though

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

Brawler4Ever

I don't think that it's done...
1. Not finished
2. Needs Composer name
3. Needs game title under the name of the song
4. Needs his name (i.e. "Arranged by Limbo")
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

PianoMan

left hand on measure 1&3 don't sound right. And it just seems... empty.

Limbo

Ack, I'm not that great at arranging. I don't know how to put in the stuff Brawler4Ever mentioned.... And it's incomplete. I still need some help on it.

The-Real-Link

It's a pretty good start, especially if you're doing it by ear. A little advice. If you're having trouble filling in sections from a full score on piano, never underestimate the basic chords, inversions, and arpeggios! I use them all the time.

BTW. The main theme was written by Nobuo Uematsu...one of the reasons why it is so good!!!

Gu4n

Quote from: The-Real-Link on April 27, 2008, 06:07:57 PMBTW. The main theme was written by Nobuo Uematsu...one of the reasons why it is so good!!!

Got to agree, but overusing it is less good.

Hm... Limbo, listen to the real song once more. You could make much more of your arrangement (especially when you use the harp- and flute-parts).

Limbo

Thanks a lot Shadowninja! It's really appreciated. I'll work on it some more. I'm doing it by ear, but I think I'll check out the midi version as well for some help. Thanks to all for the feedback.

Limbo

Please! I would like some feedback on my new song.

Gu4n

Sounds nice, but pay attention to the key signature!

Limbo

Quote from: G-Han on May 05, 2008, 12:59:32 AMSounds nice, but pay attention to the key signature!
I don't see anything wrong with it.

blah54

well you could put 2 flats in the key signature...

but good arrangement... i remember the djinn boss, when i first saw the name i confused it with the guys from golden sun lol...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.