TWG XXXVI SOS Brigade Member Sign Ups: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Started by Jub3r7, July 25, 2012, 08:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardflip? (Roles are revealed upon death.)

YES PLEASE.
6 (42.9%)
ew cardflip why
4 (28.6%)
Either way is fine.
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Mashi

Out of curiosity; why did people vote in the poll if they're not playing???

SlowPokemon

...we have 13 voters...and 12 spots...and we still need several people... |D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Spyro

Quote from: Mashi on July 30, 2012, 06:21:24 PMOut of curiosity; why did people vote in the poll if they're not playing???
I voted, but than decided not to play.

EDIT:

IN

Only cause you need more people. Any plus I like cardflip more.

Dude

Can I change my vote?

I'd rather have cardflip than "Either way is fine"

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

master_gamer38

Being all ninja MG again.

From a mathematical standpoint only, this game is HEAVILY towards the mafia side. If the game is played out randomly the formula for the wolves chances of winning is equal to the number of wolves divided by the square root of other players.

So..
1 wolf.. 4 humans
2 wolves.. 8 humans
3 wolves.. 36 humans
4 wolves.. 64 humans

You can see how it would quickly grow.

I realise that this is if people did random votes and didn't put thought into the game. But it would also happen with perfect players because they would have to do random votes as well. If you do the math on this game. 3/sqrt(9) = 1. By random votes the wolves would win every time. So, there should either be card flipping or a change in the wolves/humans ratio.

(Note that the probability gets thrown out of whack when you throw seers and guardians in.)

Anyways. That's my input. I did put a vote for cardflipping yes as well (which is a surprise to myself). As much as I'd like to play, I'm incredibly busy right now and my internet hasn't been reliable lately.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

FSM-Reapr

vermilionvermin

Personally, I'd suggest switching one of the wolf roles to a human.  A 2:10 Wolf: Human Ratio allows for the humans to have five lynches to kill two wolves, which I think is pretty fair in a manhunt. 

I voted yes on cardflipping because it helps give people more information, something often lacking in manhunts.

Spyro

The mafia to innocents ratio should always be around 1/4 mafia and 3/4 innocent.

FSM-Reapr

Mashi

FSM, games can't go through such major changes after Host Sign Ups.  Sorry!

And Spyro, the point that master_gamer38 and vermilionvermin are trying to make is that Humans need a larger margin for error since they lack a significant Special Role (ergo, more Humans would be needed).

I was thinking that the cardflip would balance out the lack of Specials for the Human, but master_gamer38 and vermilionvermin (who are both technically TWC despite being inactive!!!) bring up good points.  Jub3r7, I'll let you decide whether to eliminate a Wolf and/or keep the cardflip (I think that the former is the best option.  Including the latter may make things a bit Human-sided, though, I'm not entirely sure).  Even if the game ends up being a bit unbalanced, it should hopefully be a fun one nevertheless.

Also, master_gamer38, I'm curious to know how you found or derived that formula.  It's quite an interesting one, to say the least.