TWG XXXVI SOS Brigade Member Sign Ups: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Started by Jub3r7, July 25, 2012, 08:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardflip? (Roles are revealed upon death.)

YES PLEASE.
6 (42.9%)
ew cardflip why
4 (28.6%)
Either way is fine.
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Mashi

Jub3r7, considering the dearth of participants, I think that it would be fine for a 10 Player Manhunt including 2 Wolves without cardflip.  According to master_gamer38's calculations, the game would be a bit Human-sided, but I think that the game will be fine anyway.

vermilionvermin

I thought MG's calculations said it would be even?

Either way, I'd support this idea.

FSM-Reapr

Mashi

Jub3r7

Remember that everyone can remove their vote and place a different one, if they would like.

If the game is a cardflip, I'll keep 3:9, but if not, then I'll make it 2:10.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

the_last_sheikah

Ok, I'll join, but with band camp the next two weeks, so don't be surprised if I'm a tad inactive.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

master_gamer38

Quote from: Mashi on August 02, 2012, 10:28:25 AMJub3r7, considering the dearth of participants, I think that it would be fine for a 10 Player Manhunt including 2 Wolves without cardflip.  According to master_gamer38's calculations, the game would be a bit Human-sided, but I think that the game will be fine anyway.

Correct.

Quote from: vermilionvermin on August 02, 2012, 11:16:44 AMI thought MG's calculations said it would be even?

Either way, I'd support this idea.

No, mashi had it right.

Quote from: Mashi on August 02, 2012, 11:21:22 AMoh right it did
i dont know how to read as you can see

No, you were right in the first place.

With 2 wolves and 10 humans, the both wolves to have to survive 4 day phases to win or one survive 5. I can say with certainty that it can be tough to do that. With only 8 humans, it's mathematically even, and they only have to survive 3.

It's hard to win with being the only wolf. It's an extremely tough situation.

I'd suggest 2/8 no cardflip or 3/9 cardflip.

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 03, 2012, 11:25:48 AMStill taking break :( is it possible for a 11 player one? :/

Odd number player games come out weird.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

vermilionvermin

I don't think rolling with 11 players and only one wolf is a bad idea.  Statistically, it's about as balanced as it gets. 

Odds wolf survives Day 1:  9/10
Odds wolf survives Day 2:  7/8
Odds wolf survives Day 3:  5/6
Odds wolf survives Day 4:  3/4

Then, after Day 4, there would be three players and the wolf would win by sending in a wolfing.  My calculations say that a random town would win 50.8% of the time, which is pretty darn close to being perfectly balanced.

SlowPokemon

There needs to be at least two wolves. Especially with that many players. It would just be so lonely not having any teammates from the start of the game -_- I don't want to play in a game with only one wolf.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

vermilionvermin

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

vermilionvermin

Given that it's been more than a week since signups started and we haven't filled the game up yet, I think we should try to work out something with eleven players.  I think that one wolf's a good idea, but that didn't seem to get much support from the other players.  If a lone wolf isn't what people want, I think it should be two wolves with cardflip.  Having nine humans actually makes the game more wolf-sided because the humans don't get any more lynches to find the wolves, and there are more people to sort through!

Just going through the numbers again:

If one wolf is lynched day 1, then we've got:
1 wolf, 8 humans
After day 2:  1 wolf, 6 humans
After day 3:  1 wolf, 4 humans
After day 4:  1 wolf, 2 humans
Wolves win on Night 5

If both wolves survive the entire game, then it goes:
After day 1:   2 wolves, 7 humans
After day 2:  2 wolves, 5 humans
After day 3:  2 wolves, 3 humans
Wolves win on Night 4

It doesn't matter for the wolves' win condition if you take off a single human at each phase.  Then in the first scenario, the wolves would win at the end of day 4, and in the second they'd win at the end of day 3.

If you saw this post and were like TL;DR, then all you need to know is that 2 wolves, 9 humans is actually more wolf-sided than 2 wolves, 8 humans so we should have cardflip if we're playing with 11.

SlowPokemon

I say just do 11 players, two wolves, and implement cardflip. It's not much point to sit around waiting for much longer....
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.