News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Legend of Shakespeare

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, July 28, 2012, 07:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

So this past school year, my school performed Shakespeare's The Tempest.  I was, with a teacher, given the task of scoring the play, and playing the music on the piano.  So I got my pick of pieces and completely scored the performance with NSM-arranged music from The Legend of Zelda series.  Which went together surprisingly well.  Here are the pieces that were put in:

Moldarach/Koloktos Battle- Bloop
Faron Woods- Thomas O'Day
Groose's Theme- Olimar12345
Fi's Lament- Adrian Currier
Message from the Goddess- ALPRAS
Sacred Grove- The Deku Trombonist
Beginning's End- ALPRAS

Thank all you guys for the quality arrangements!  I received several compliments after the performance regarding how well the music added to the play.  Thought you guys might want to know that your talent is being recognized!

spitllama

This is awesome.

Which songs went to which scenes in the play?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

TheZeldaPianist275

@spit & FSM, I played during very few scenes for a couple reasons.  First, this was a low-budget production and we weren't using microphones.  A baby grand tends to drown out peoples' voices.  Second, I actually also had the lead.  If you're familiar with the story, Prospero (my character) is a magician on an island who summons a tempest to bring his enemies ashore.  So the director and I worked a lot on making the piano the source of the magic on the island.  I played a lot during scene transitions.

As for which songs went where, I played Moldarach/Koloktos Battle during the tempest scene, which worked well, since most of it was communicated through body language as opposed to voices.  Faron Woods was played when Prospero's enemies arrive on the island.  It has that mystery to it which really fit well.  Groose's Theme became a drunkard's theme.  (it's so perfect! XD)  Message from the Goddess & Fi's Lament both have that mysterious, calm lilt to them and were used during the romantic scenes.  Sacred Grove I used in a haunted forest, and Beginning's End was the finale.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 29, 2012, 08:10:09 AMGroose's Theme became a drunkard's theme.  (it's so perfect! XD)  Message from the Goddess & Fi's Lament both have that mysterious, calm lilt to them and were used during the romantic scenes.  Sacred Grove I used in a haunted forest, and Beginning's End was the finale.

Man that's cool! Great choices!

@K-N  I was also very exited to hear where he played those songs. Spit said it the best. And I'm trying to get rid of that habit. It's just, if I have something to say I say it. Part of my personality.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 29, 2012, 06:05:34 AM^quit spamming.

That's not spamming. People do that all the time. For instance, this sort of thing is done quite often:

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 30, 2012, 08:08:09 AMMan that's cool! Great choices!

@K-N  I was also very exited to hear where he played those songs. Spit said it the best. And I'm trying to get rid of that habit. It's just, if I have something to say I say it. Part of my personality.
^

And it's the same thing. And I think you may have done that a couple times. Either way, it's perfectly acceptable. :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FSM-Reapr