News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Wavy notes

Started by Bubbles, August 07, 2012, 07:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Im not sure if this is even possible for the piano, but does anyone know how to make notes arc upwards or downwards after being held? Its a little hard to explain, but like the notes in this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtZew4QV9ow&feature=BFa&list=PL32EAC40D5778B393

MaestroUGC

You're talking about bending notes, and no, the piano can't do that. Most percusive instruments cannot change pitch after they've been struck. The only why you could do that would be to stick the key and the detune the strings to the new picth. Some keyboards can do this if they have a bending feature, but no acoustic pianos can.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

JDMEK5

Ah, pitch bend. Maestro's right. The only instruments I can think of off the top of my head that can do it are trombone, guitar, bass guitar, orchestral strings (violins, cellos, etc.), and some most harmonicas.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bespinben

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 08, 2012, 01:06:06 PMAh, pitch bend. Maestro's right. The only instruments I can think of off the top of my head that can do it are trombone, guitar, bass guitar, orchestral strings (violins, cellos, etc.), and some most harmonicas.

...don't forget the Ocarina!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

JDMEK5

Ahh yes. I actually didn't know that but ok. Ocarinas too.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

universe-X

I have a keyboard that has a pitch bend mechanism on it, but you won't get the same type of vibrato that you would on, say, a string instrument, unless you have another person with very toned precision in maneuvering it. Because going in either direction changes the pitch by a whole step. Not only that, but utilizing the pitch bend on a keyboard gives it a very sitar-type sound.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bespinben on August 08, 2012, 01:08:35 PM...don't forget the Ocarina!
The Ocarina can't bend pitch. However, like most woodwind instruments, they can fake it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!