A short Creepypasta I thought up during work this morning.

Started by K-NiGhT, August 08, 2012, 07:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

The Box Cutter

I work at a grocery store. Since I'm 16, I am able to get a box cutter from the manager. It's very handy when I have to stock so early in the morning. At first, I thought nothing of this simple tool. It's just a box cutter, after all. But that all changed about a week ago.

It was a normal Wednesday morning. The truck came at 5:15, as usual. Everyone unloaded the pallets and we began to stock the shelves. We started in the freezer section, as usual. I noticed that all the boxes seemed to open pretty easily. I didn't use my box cutter at all for the entire aisle. We moved on to the cheese aisle. A lot of the boxes looked hard to open, but I didn't really feel like using my box cutter. I was tired and if I slipped from fatigue, I could cut myself. So I let the others take care of those boxes while I tackled the boxes that weren't taped. After doing a few boxes, I felt a vibrating in my pocket. Was it my box cutter? My phone had been declared defective the day before, so no one could be texting or calling me. I put my hand in my pocket and sure enough, my box cutter was lightly vibrating. I found it a little odd. Box cutters aren't supposed to vibrate. A little freaked out, needless to say, I took it out and found a taped box. I cut into the tape and opened the box. The box cutter stopped vibrating.

This continued all morning. I would open a box, then the box cutter would start to vibrate. The vibrating got more and more intense with each box. It yearned for my grip. It needed my hand to guide it. The more it vibrated, the more I sympathized with it. I understood its dilemma. It just wanted to fufill its purpose. It just wanted something to do. I totally understood. The next morning, I opened every box with my box cutter. It kept it from vibrating all morning, at least. Then one day, everything went downhill. The box cutter would keep vibrating even past work. It still yearned for my touch. It still needed me to guide it. It wanted more, but I couldn't help it. I was always tired anymore and I needed to sleep a lot. I also noticed that on the news, there had been a lot of stabbings lately in my town. They hadn't found who it was. I was a little worried, but I went to my room and took a nap.

When I woke up once more, I was at the grocery store, holding my box cutter. I found my boss lying on the ground with a pool of blood next to him. He was doubled over in pain.

Needless to say, I was fired.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

FSM-Reapr

So I wasn't the only one that has gone through the same thing!
But I only got a warning. :P

Great story!

K-NiGhT

FSM-Reapr

Warning and my parents made me call the boss' family to tell that I'm sorry. :(

Kman96

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 08, 2012, 05:43:12 PMYou only got a warning? I got 6 hours of jail time  >:(
Wait, is this TRUE?

I guess I should read it, then. xD
Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Oh my, that's a bit... disturbing... I guess someone loves their box cutter a bit too much? :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

RAWRZEZ~

Yay, creepy story! I love those. A little crazy much? XD
~Rawr~

Yugi

K-NiGhT

Quote from: RAWRZEZ~ on October 25, 2012, 05:45:02 PMYay, creepy story! I love those. A little crazy much? XD

Someone got bored at musical practice ;)