Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

I think it would be helpful for those using notepad to be able to:
1. Change tempo
2. Change key signature
3. Change time signature
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

Tempo is doable but I'd have to set it for all the different common tempos. Theres no way notepad can edit expressions. I doubt I could get workaround for time and key changes. Overall it would be better just to use our finale can't do something thread.

Zunawe

Repeats. I like seeing how music flows through a repeat, but I don't like having to copy the music over just to hear it, and then deleting it again. Decorative repeats are dumb.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

Zunawe

I meant in notepad. If you want to play a piece you'll most likely use a PDF. If you want to hear it decorative things aren't going to help.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

No, I personally use MUS for the sheets I want to play. This is a SHEET MUSIC site, not a midi site.

Zunawe

I said PDF, not MIDI. I also said most likely. Anyway, that even helps further what I'm saying. Would you rather look for where it goes back to, or hear and watch where it goes back to?

The point is I find decorative repeats annoying while arranging, and sometimes listening.

I program things

SlowPokemon

I said MIDI because that's a sound file, which you clearly care more about than how the sheet actually looks

Zunawe

Clearly? I can play better when I've heard it before, but I use visuals to play music. Then memorization based on visuals. I never tried to make it sound like I relied more on sound, and I definitely value what it looks like more than what it sounds like (that is, if the sound matches the looks). I'm just saying that not being able to hear the flow of a repeat without doing extra work is a little annoying.

I program things

Olimar12345

Knock it off, you two. Zunawe, if you want repeats to work, simply copy a measure from another file that contains a working repeat, and paste it in you're file. But Slow's right, priority is the sheet's appearance. Having repeats work is HIGHLY irrelevant. (ever seen my sig?)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zunawe

I didn't know you could copy them like that. I know that the purpose is to make the sheets functional and easy to read, but I'm just saying that it might help the arranger to hear the repeat without extra work. This is about the convenience of the arranger, right? It wasn't the final product I was worried about.

Anyway, I guess my suggestion is no longer needed. Thanks. :)

I program things

Shadoninja

Quote from: Zunawe on August 12, 2012, 03:11:27 PMRepeats. I like seeing how music flows through a repeat, but I don't like having to copy the music over just to hear it, and then deleting it again. Decorative repeats are dumb.
I can add that in.

Here's the first version:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36661985/Templates/Notepad%20Template%202012.mus

I'll write up some documentation later.

Bubbles

Also, as I learned before, it would be nice to have one with some grace notes in it. I copied and pasted them from a song on the site, but it took away a whole measure when I pasted them into my sheet.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on August 19, 2012, 10:10:08 PMAlso, as I learned before, it would be nice to have one with some grace notes in it. I copied and pasted them from a song on the site, but it took away a whole measure when I pasted them into my sheet.
Ok. I can do that.