News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Appoggiaturas in Notepad

Started by Bubbles, August 17, 2012, 03:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Yeah I know appoggiatura is a long word, and honestly I dont know exactly what it means. Im pretty sure its the smaller short notes played before another note, where you play the first one really quickly. Not a very good description, but is it possible to do this on Finale Notepad? I tried putting a 32nd note there instead, and it sounds right, but it messes up the measures timing

spitllama

It's a grace note. Try pressing ctrl + G in the simple entry tool.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bubbles

Oh. Thats a way simpler name than wikipedia said XD But apparently you cant do grace notes on notepad

Shadoninja

I could be wrong, I usually am, but aren't appoggiaturas and grace notes slightly different things?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bubbles

All I know is that theres these little small notes, which according to wikipedia are appoggiaturas, and then theres a litle small note with a diagnol line through it thats called a acciaccatura. I think grace notes are the category that appoggiaturas and acciaccaturas are in.

Hmmm... could I copy and paste one from another finale file? Does anyone know off the top of their heads a song with a grace note in it?

JDMEK5

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on August 17, 2012, 07:27:35 PMHmmm... could I copy and paste one from another finale file?
If you know how to do that, tell me.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bubbles

I did it :3 Just as Olimar said, you have to open up the mus file then copy and paste it into your own sheet. The only thing is that it erases part of your measure, and if its a sharp or a flat you cant change it (I think)

JDMEK5

Right. Ok. That makes sense I guess..
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26