Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (Full Update with Music, Trailer and Screens!)

Started by B-Kpianist, April 27, 2008, 09:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Well I tried to join, but it seems that they're activation email system is down.  I'll send some email or something when I feel like it.

me irl
[close]

KefkaticFanatic

Well the same thing is going on with the NSM one, but it could be that verizon somehow blocks the emails without telling me or putting them in the spambox.

me irl
[close]

SirGiggles

Thank you for posting this.

I've been waiting for some kind of update since the first trailer back in 06.

FINALLY!
§irGiggle§

Favorite games (to name a few)

Mario Series: World, RPG, and Galaxy

Zelda Series: Wind Waker and ALTTP

Earthbound/Mother

Chrono Trigger

Super Smash Bros Series (I main as Ness in all 3)

Kirby Superstar

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 1-3

I am a Christian

PseudoMario16

Quote from: B-Kpianist on May 12, 2008, 10:01:37 PMI feel so much better. PLATFORMING IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL!
"This may sound a bit heavy on the vehicle side of things, but rest assured that there is a heavy emphasis on platforming."
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! theres still gonna be a lot of platforming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

KefkaticFanatic

Whew!  I was salivating over the beautiful new screens and gameplay footage we had today! Also lots of new info!

EDIT:  WOOT

Quote"Microsoft Game Studios (MGS) will also pull back the curtain on another beloved franchise with the triumphant return of Banjo, one of Rare’s most successful characters, in “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.”  Defying the laws of nature, a bear, a bird and a backpack team up to embark on another incredible adventure this November.
MGS is breaking the rules of traditional platformer games by putting the power to invent new abilities for Banjo directly into the players’ hands.  By using their ingenuity to build imaginative vehicles that can be combined with infinite variations, gamers help Banjo successfully complete missions through multiple terrains.
Through exploration, discovering hidden secrets and solving puzzles to win rewards, players will continually find increasing ways to customize and improve their contraptions, creating an unprecedented level of user-generated content and emergent play for a 3-D adventure game."

me irl
[close]

Super Zombie

After seeing the gameplay footage, all my (minor) worries were set to rest (they died). This game is going to be $@&#ing awesome!

So, what's everyone's favorite Banjo game? Mine's Banjo-Tooie, which is my favorite game period.

KefkaticFanatic

If they could mix the tooie gameplay with the kazooie levels it would create the greatest game of all time.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

After seeing the videos, the game actually looks really great.
-

PseudoMario16

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 13, 2008, 04:38:34 PMIf they could mix the tooie gameplay with the kazooie levels it would create the greatest game of all time.
it would definatly the greatest game ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

B-Kpianist

THIS GAME WILL BE AN EPIC WIN!!!!! ;D ;D
I screamed when i saw Mr.Patch! lol
Hey, doesnt it look like your building Freezeezy Peak at 00:58 in the trailer?
I found out the story line, I'm gonna be doing a big edit with all the new info in just a sec.

KefkaticFanatic

Yeah I saw all the info this morning, but around 1:36 in the first trailer you can see "BanjoLand" which is a bunch of the old stages mashed together, you can see some of the tower of trajedy, the freezeezy peak snowman, mad monster mansion pieces, witchyworld, and some other stuff.

me irl
[close]

B-Kpianist

I've got more pics- I think i saw Glitter Gulch Mine too...

KefkaticFanatic

http://www.rareware.com/games/banjonuts&bolts/castlist.html

Cast list with info ^^^

QuoteIt's been a long time coming, but Banjo and Kazooie are back in action - and so, to their exasperation, is dedicated arch-foe Gruntilda. The stakes have been raised, and Grunty's out to redevelop Spiral Mountain into tower blocks and shopping malls. Banjo and Kazooie's future is on the line!

Tired of the feuding between bear, bird and witch, a new player has stepped in: the mysterious Lord of Games (LOG), said to have been involved in creating every videogame ever released. He whisks the rivals away to his creative HQ in Showdown Town, and into an elaborate series of challenges held within his hand-made worlds. The winner gets the ownership deeds to Spiral Mountain, the loser an eternity of toil in LOG's videogame factory. The game is on!

However, things are a bit different this time around. The core gameplay mechanic - and the method by which worlds are traversed, challenges tackled and progress made - is the creation and customisation of vehicles, using components found, bought and won throughout Showdown Town. From wheels and weapons to springs and wings, all of which can be combined in any number and style, there's a staggering level of experimentation and personalisation for those willing to dabble. If you can imagine it, you can probably build it. But any adventurer with less confidence, experience or time on their hands can still jump in and take on the game with a pre-built range of vehicles. The Lord of Games might be heavy-handed, but he's big on equal opportunities.

However, it's not all change in Banjo-Kazooie country, as Banjo will still compete for Jiggies to unlock new destinations and hoard the musical notes that serve as legal tender. Familiar figures on hand to help include everyone's favourite shaman down at Mumbo's Motors and newly appointed tourist information officer Bottles; new faces on the block include porcine police chief Pikelet and overly competitive braggart Trophy Thomas. Outside Showdown Town you might just meet them all again, persuaded by LOG to turn thespian and act out hilarious themed roles in different worlds. You'll also have to take on Grunty's shiny army of mechanical Gruntbots, riding roughshod over Banjo's efforts to save the day.

For the first time in the Banjo universe there's also the opportunity to go online with players across your own world. Combine this with the riveting new solo adventure, and it looks like 2008 really will be the Year of the Bear. You might want to book a seat. When the comedy rattles and clanks die down, the garage door rolls up and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts finally purrs into view, you'll be glad you did
http://www.rareware.com/games/banjonuts&bolts/introduction.html
Introduction info

Screens we already have
http://www.rareware.com/games/banjonuts&bolts/images.html

Viva Pinata 2 page
http://www.rareware.com/games/vivapinata-trouble/index.html

me irl
[close]

B-Kpianist

I'll add the cast list info!
I love humba's new look! ::)