News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Note help

Started by Bubbles, August 29, 2012, 12:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Ok, so Im driving myself crazy trying to figure out what the left hand notes should be in this song. It looks easy, but its not, at least for me. All I need help with is the correct notes to go in measure 9, then I could figure out the rest using the same pattern

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/100970699/Ending%20A%20%28Pokemon%20Colosseum%29.mus

Youtube

I've actually been trying to figure out these notes for a full day and its not working  :-\

Uraziel

I have no idea right now, ill take a more detailed look later.

Bespinben

There's a bass guitar, and an acoustic, both which serve to provide structure and fill out harmonies. I think what you should do is for each measure, the left hand plays the first note of the bass guitar, then quickly jumps back to the acoustic guitar part, all while having a regular pedaling pattern (sustain-release every measure).

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bubbles

Ok...I know nothing about pedaling terms. I tried to mix the parts of the bass and acoustic guitars, and Ill make it more finished up later. Mainly, what I cant figure out is the notes for measure 9. I listen to the song and hum out the individual notes, but when I see that they should be A and C# it sounds wrong when I put it with the rest of the music

JDMEK5

If you're very sure what the notes you're looking for are, check the harmonics with the other notes. Your chords might be wrong if you know what I mean.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Uraziel

OK, comparing the two now, it seems like a lot of yours are just an octave lower. There are different notes going on in the background as well as some constant notes. So maybe you could just have a whole note at the beginning of each measure to match up with the whole notes in the actual song and then those eight notes need to be 1 or 2 dynamics lower, and different notes than they are now... try just listening to the entire piece, then go measure by measure or note by note and figure it out. Its just transposing the guitar part for piano.