News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: Dude on October 09, 2012, 02:09:15 AMI think I'm going to vote for Romney.
I know I'll feel slightly bad about myself if I do though. ._.

wat do?

What about voting for some other guy? Hahaha...don't get me started on Romney -.- Don't you live in Ohio?

@FSM

I saw that in another thread not too long ago lol

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Ruto

Maybe it was on facebook...I don't actually remember, but I saw it XD

Dude

Quote from: Ruto on October 09, 2012, 06:28:04 AMDon't you live in Ohio?
Rural Ohio, so Republicans galore.

Probably doesn't matter who I vote for anyway, there's about an 80% chance Romney will win in my county.
Quote from: spitllama on October 09, 2012, 06:01:10 AMAre you voting for him for new fiscal policies?
Yes.

SuperFireKirby

So.... what are Romney's fiscal policies? Because I literally haven't anything concerning what Romney actually plans on DOING if he becomes president. He just says stuff like "We're America and we need to get back on track by working hard and being free and cupcakes!". Sure, that's nice, but what the hell does this "get back on track" plan entail? He refuses to give details.

Oh, except for nice little part about how he doesn't give a shit about 47% of Americans. There was PLENTY of detail in that plan.

But seriously, I would actually consider voting for him if I had any idea of what the fuck he would do.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

spitllama

The 47% comment was referring to voters. He wasn't saying he didn't care about them as individuals, but that they're set on voting for Obama so he shouldn't try to sway their opinion. Granted he was very harsh about their opinions, but meh, it was red meat for potential donors.

Romney's plan is pretty typical actually- lower welfare, deny funding for new gov. programs, reduce federal workforce, reduce foreign aid, privatize gov. programs, repeal Obamacare, repeal Davis-Bacon act, etc. which he hopes will lower the budget by $500 billion.

While I like a lot of this, I'm honestly considering voting Gary Johnson just to make a statement. Not like Oregon's becoming red anytime soon anyhow. And Romney's still for taxes and foreign involvement... to which I say nay.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DrP

^and starting with the next tax year, the medical deduction will go from 7.5% to 10% floor, the inability to deduct state and local income taxes/sales taxes and the Long Term Capital Gains tax (currently at 0 and 15% depending on your tax bracket) will be taxed like ordinary income (wages)

So all this stuff that Romney says about reducing deductions and not raising taxes... it's already going to happen.

I just say, throw out the Internal Revenue Code and create a standard, flat 20% consumption tax with special "credits" to those who make less than $30,000 a year so that they can recapture the amount for purchasing food and stuff (hahaha Parks and Rec...)

And Gary Johnson... he's got New Mexico's vote...

But I'm still going Romney. It's hard to live in this dumb two party system... it's basically choosing the lesser of two evils.

We need another 1990s with a less sleazy Bill Clinton who is like Ayn Rand and Adam Smith combined... yeah, that'll fix out country...

fabbemannen

Seeing a politics-topic on a forum with mostly Americans, this is the only opinion I got

Ruto

Omg I've tried looking for that clip :(

I mentioned it before several times too xD

SuperFireKirby

Obama has recruited God to narrate his commercials. Mitt Romney has lost the election.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SuperFireKirby

FSM-Reapr

Oh my gosh.

What if Romney is the reason why the world will end? After he's the president, he goes psycho and nukes the whole planet!!!
The mayas knew it.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on October 21, 2012, 12:05:42 PMOh my gosh.

What if Romney is the reason why the world will end? After he's the president, he goes psycho and nukes the whole planet!!!
The mayas knew it.
...and what if Romney isn't elected president? Who then will end the world? :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

justin bieber/a meteor

i'd prefer the meteor

SuperFireKirby

FSM, YOU'RE SO STUPID. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT OBAMA IS THE ANTI-CHRIST/HITLER AND GOING TO END THE WORLD. GOSH.