News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonusPwnage

Quote from: spitllama on December 12, 2012, 09:18:33 PMAnarchists scare the crap out of me. How can anyone believe that human nature is well and good enough to respect others' rights?
It may very well be because of the people's hatred for the government. Anarchists, in my opinion, really don't think about what life would be like with no government, and their views aren't based on respecting each others' rights, so much as being independent. The government, as, what's the word...wrong in their choices they are sometimes, keeps society from breaking down. Without the government, civilized order would no longer exist (or be drastically diminished). Then war would really be inevitable. It's either that, or I have no idea what I'm talking about and I'm just ranting blindly like an idiot.

SuperFireKirby

If humanity wasn't filled with so many terrible people, a lack of government would be fine. But unfortunately, humans are greedy pigs who will do as they please unless a giant looms over them ready to crush them if they step out of line. Scratch that, I'm insulting pigs by comparing us to them.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

BonusPwnage

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 29, 2012, 10:18:23 PMIf humanity wasn't filled with so many terrible people, a lack of government would be fine. But unfortunately, humans are greedy pigs who will do as they please unless a giant looms over them ready to crush them if they step out of line. Scratch that, I'm insulting pigs by comparing us to them.
I completely agree. At least pigs don't betray their fellow companions for their own personal gain, unless there's some big pig rebellion that I haven't heard of.

Mashi

BonusPwnage

Mashi, you just made my day. :D

MaestroUGC

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

KefkaticFanatic

commies, commies errwhere

me irl
[close]

Zunawe

Quote from: BonusPwnage on December 31, 2012, 09:54:55 AMI completely agree. At least pigs don't betray their fellow companions for their own personal gain, unless there's some big pig rebellion that I haven't heard of.
This could not have been set up better.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

blueflower999

Quote from: BonusPwnage on December 31, 2012, 09:54:55 AMunless there's some big pig rebellion that I haven't heard of.
Reminds me of a certain game  ::)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

EFitTrainr

I like food.

spitllama

Has anyone read Nathaniel Hawthorne's "Earth's Holocaust?" It's a really interesting read, and it's really short (~15 pages of a regular book). I love the story.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

BonusPwnage

Quote from: blueflower999 on December 31, 2012, 02:59:10 PMReminds me of a certain game  ::)
I know what you're talking about, there :)

Bubbles

Did they actually just have a meeting on the dangers of violent video games

"Wayne LaPierre, president of the NRA, criticized the media for ignoring 'a callous, corrupt and corrupting shadow industry that sells, and sows, violence against its own people'"

I cant even anymore

MaestroUGC

What.

I'm pretty sure murder and rape predates the video game industry, by millenia. In fact, I'm also pretty sure that those were the first things man did after we figured out how to walk upright.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Yugi

And it's not videogame violence that makes people violent, it's apparantly the compeditive nature of videogames, according to a study.

I don't even know anymore.