News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 30, 2015, 09:28:16 AMThis is actually very poor logic. I know multiple Creationists with PhDs in Chemistry, Science, you name it.
? Except Ruto wasn't saying that creationists don't or can't have PhDs at all friend. Notice how she said "I thought" and "I would", implying personal opinions. Besides, if you want to talk about logic, people tend to trust people with experience on science more than people who don't have experience, so you can't call Ruto illogical at all.

Don't try to draw conclusions that have no basis from what people say and are completely unrelated to the point.

Sebastian

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 30, 2015, 10:30:24 AMBesides, if you want to talk about logic, people tend to trust people with experience on science more than people who don't have experience
Quote from: mariolegofan on September 30, 2015, 09:28:16 AMThis is actually very poor logic. I know multiple Creationists with PhDs in Chemistry, Science, you name it.

Waddle Bro

i didn't mention a word on creationists smh

It's common human behaviour to trust people on things you think they have knowledge of. That's why you usually go to a doctor instead of to your 3-year-old sibling when you have aids.

Sebastian

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 30, 2015, 11:15:09 AMIt's common human behaviour to trust people on things you think they have knowledge of. That's why you usually go to a doctor instead of to your 3-year-old sibling when you have aids.
I agree

Waddle Bro

Ruto

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 30, 2015, 11:15:09 AMIt's common human behaviour to trust people on things you think they have knowledge of. That's why you usually go to a doctor instead of to your 3-year-old sibling when you have aids.

:D :D :D :D ;)

Lol creationists. I can't imagine a more toxic environment for them than a science classroom. Wasn't there a site I posted saying how creationism disagrees with every law/theory in biology/chemistry/physics? Oh yeah. http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/

I would NOT give anyone a degree in chemistry because they are creationist, because it means they don't understand even basic chemistry. If you're talking about that idiot tax cheat Ken Hovind, his PhD is from a diploma mill and not recognized by a real institution. However, if you're Ben Carson, you can get your chemistry degree first and then make up bullshit to get voters/suit your religion later because you're famous and won't get in trouble.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Sebastian

Ah.....I don't have time to discuss this.....but I will say this:
Nothing in the Bible goes against Science. Everything in the Bible agrees with it.

Also, the first and second laws of thermodynamics go against Evolution. You can't forget the Law of Entropy.

"No exception to the second law of thermodynamics has ever been found -- not even a tiny one. Like conservation of energy (the "first law"), the existence of a law so precise and so independent of details of models must have a logical foundation that is independent of the fact that matter is composed of interacting particles."

Anyway, would you like to continue this on skype sometime, Ruto? I don't have time now and I'd love to continue XD
Ever since the beginning of this month, I have been extremely busy.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Entropy only applies in closed systems, MLF, which the earth is not.
But, you seem to know them well, so what are the other laws, could you tell me?
what is shitpost

Sebastian

Alas, I don't have time now :/
Wish I did.....I'll contact you when I have time. Actually, I think this discussion would be better on skype. We wouldn't be waiting so long on each other to comment and we'd get more thoughts in quicker. There is an NSM skype chat now that Maestro put up. I can add anyone that is interested. There is only 10 participants as of now.

Altissimo

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 30, 2015, 12:15:19 PMAh.....I don't have time to discuss this.....but I will say this:
Nothing in the Bible goes against Science. Everything in the Bible agrees with it.

?????? then why do so many christians disbelieve evolution

SlowPokemon

When I gave up trying to take some people in this thread seriously it actually became pretty amusing I highly recommend it
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

I'm really confused, what does thermodynamics have to do with evolution? Genetic changes over time cannot result in diversification because energy cannot be created nor destroyed? Evolution can't occur because entropy can only increase in a closed system?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how your argument is any different than trying to bake cookies with a calculator.

Also what's with your aversion to posting in these threads? You like post twice then tell everyone to stop talking and move to skype.

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 30, 2015, 12:15:19 PM"No exception to the second law of thermodynamics has ever been found..."

except for god

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 30, 2015, 02:16:27 PMWhen I gave up trying to take some people in this thread seriously it actually became pretty amusing I highly recommend it

http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-with-Condescending-People
yes i see the irony in this
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on September 30, 2015, 04:52:34 PMAlso what's with your aversion to posting in these threads? You like post twice then tell everyone to stop talking and move to skype.
Tbh, I don't really like talking about this stuff on the forums.

Dudeman

...so why do you start in the first place
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

Just thought I'd add that little bit.