News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

I've watched some more American politics lately, and I got to say that it kind of confuses me:

First of I really think in a way that the democratic party screwed up in the election. I think it was divided (that's the key word), while the republicans were at least enough united. And I can see the struggle they have between the Bernie bros (lol Super Bernie Bros.) and the Clinton wing. And I personally think that the democratic party is better. I really like Obamas leadership. But this time I felt like Trump were just better. He had the energy and passion which really convinced me, and also made me care less about his scandals. But I really dislike how Clinton is playing the victim-game, like fine if you do it once, but do it repeatedly and you just get a worse and worse image of yourself, to the point were nobody cares about you. It also makes Trump look like some genius/angel, because he seem to get smarter but Clinton dumber. And also, looking back at Americas previous presidents, I feel like the democratic party is better. But I got to say that Reagan sticks out as a good republican president. After watching some clips about him, his humbleness really makes you like him. The thing is with Trump is, I kind of feel like he knows some thing that people doesn't care about, like that he's that dude that looks at the chessboard and sees the thing nobody sees. But then all of his just "crazy way of life" makes me have like kind of mixed feelings about him.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 19, 2017, 01:59:25 AMBut I really dislike how Clinton is playing the victim-game, like fine if you do it once, but do it repeatedly and you just get a worse and worse image of yourself, to the point were nobody cares about you.

Hm

Bloop

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

fucking brilliant ily alti
what is shitpost

blueflower999

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 19, 2017, 01:59:25 AMI've watched some more American politics lately, and I got to say that it kind of confuses me:

First of I really think in a way that the democratic party screwed up in the election. I think it was divided (that's the key word), while the republicans were at least enough united. And I can see the struggle they have between the Bernie bros (lol Super Bernie Bros.) and the Clinton wing. And I personally think that the democratic party is better. I really like Obamas leadership. But this time I felt like Trump were just better. He had the energy and passion which really convinced me, and also made me care less about his scandals. But I really dislike how Clinton is playing the victim-game, like fine if you do it once, but do it repeatedly and you just get a worse and worse image of yourself, to the point were nobody cares about you. It also makes Trump look like some genius/angel, because he seem to get smarter but Clinton dumber. And also, looking back at Americas previous presidents, I feel like the democratic party is better. But I got to say that Reagan sticks out as a good republican president. After watching some clips about him, his humbleness really makes you like him. The thing is with Trump is, I kind of feel like he knows some thing that people doesn't care about, like that he's that dude that looks at the chessboard and sees the thing nobody sees. But then all of his just "crazy way of life" makes me have like kind of mixed feelings about him.
Honestly everything meaningful that can be said about the election was said a long time ago. Both parties played their hands horribly and nominated someone highly disliked by the general populace. Whether either party will learn from this still has yet to be seen.

Your comment about the previous Democratic presidents being better intrigues me though, because I'm pretty sure for most of American history the Democratic presidents aren't viewed very favorably by a modern liberal observer (see: Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, Andrew Jackson, Woodrow Wilson kind of, etc.) That being said I suppose you always have the George Bushs to look back on and laugh at on the Republican side.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Blue you're 100% on it. I couldn't stand just about anyone in the general, I supported a lesser of two evils.

That being said, the reason why most presidents under the Dem label don't look good to a modern lib observer is b/c of the party realignment that happened ~80 years ago. The Democratic party today just isn't the same one whose members founded the KKK.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

someone smart please explain
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Zunawe

Retired military can be called back to active duty. If you've spent 15 years as a private citizen raising a family and establishing a career, you can be called back to military service. Since the president is commander in chief, he could call retired high-ranking military officials back to active duty, which is effectively a potential threat to their freedom of speech. And it means we can bolster our military strength in extreme circumstances (extreme being a relatively subjective term) without issuing a draft.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FireArrow

Oh ok thanks. Bad, not as bad as I thought itd be.

swimswamit

let the 75th quarter quell begin

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Zunawe on October 20, 2017, 08:48:52 PMRetired military can be called back to active duty. If you've spent 15 years as a private citizen raising a family and establishing a career, you can be called back to military service. Since the president is commander in chief, he could call retired high-ranking military officials back to active duty, which is effectively a potential threat to their freedom of speech. And it means we can bolster our military strength in extreme circumstances (extreme being a relatively subjective term) without issuing a draft.
Plus this amendment is of an EO that occurred right after 9/11 occurred, right before we went to war.

Which well.... that might happen again.

Tobbeh99

I just saw a great article in the news. That the moderate (right-wing) party just went up to 22%, and the center party went down to 10% and the nationalistic Sweden-democrats went down to 15%! And also a headline "now it's game on for Swedish politics". And that's how I feel. Now it's finally back as usual! The classic left vs right politics we all love and hate! :P The tension with immigration and nationalism, that's been freezing Swedish politics seems to withdraw and I think that will free up the Swedish politics with more talk and better ideas and optimism!
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 25, 2017, 01:47:52 PMThe classic left vs right politics we all love and hate!

ftfy