News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

@swimswamit maybe if he can't even get his own party to pass his legislation it's shitty legislation?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@blue yes but he's also done some other stuff too, like he passed an EO to get rid of the rule of ISPs being required to have your consent before selling your browsing history to other companies
what is shitpost

PlayfulPiano

Hey, so the US is now screwed in so many freaking ways thanks to this stupid asinine tax bill.

-Tax increase for student loans/ include graduate tuition waivers as taxable income (when it's not income)
-Medicaid/Medicare/Social Security cuts
-Over 1.2 trillion dollar deficit
-Gutting the ACA, causing 11 million to lose insurance
-Massive tax cuts to estates / corporations / the 1%

And even some stuff that isn't even RELATED to taxes:
-Able to drill for oil in Alaska
-A freaking anti abortion amendment that labels an in-utero unborn child as a beneficiary, which will open up a massive can of worms that could lead to giving in-utero unborn children the 'right to live', and overturn roe vs. wade. Even if you are pro-life and not pro-choice, you have to understand how freaking messed up this is to be included in a freaking tax cut bill.

This is going to bring major repercussions to the US and probably the world as a whole.

Please, for those who are over 18 in the US and are citizens, please freaking vote. I want off this crazy train.

Dude

Yyyyyep.

America has been going down the toilet for a while now...

Altissimo

Been voting. No dice. :/
Hopefully things get better when people realize how much they're being screwed over by the people they elected.

PlayfulPiano

In the sense, I find it almost a touch surreal that we as a generation are currently entering an era of history that is not only unfolding right before our eyes, but that we have a say and the ability to make an actual difference in the outcome of our world.

E. Gadd Industries

I'm calling it now: the Republican Party will split soon. As in, fully split.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 03, 2017, 06:41:33 AMI'm calling it now: the Republican Party will split soon. As in, fully split.

I'm expecting that the GOP will be destroyed, and a more center-right leaning party will come from its ashes.

Policies will be much more socially left leaning than it is now (marriage equality, net neutrality {but through a different form of regulation than Title I or II}, etc.), and economically they'll be more center right than extreme right/corporate right (light touches in government regulation to better the free market from monopolies and to keep utilities available, but still keep a bigger "hands off" ideology than democrats).

Or something along those lines.

Dude

I think I'd like that group...

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on December 03, 2017, 08:53:51 AMPolicies will be much more socially left leaning than it is now (marriage equality, net neutrality {but through a different form of regulation than Title I or II}, etc.), and economically they'll be more center right than extreme right/corporate right (light touches in government regulation to better the free market from monopolies and to keep utilities available, but still keep a bigger "hands off" ideology than democrats).

So like.. classical liberals, I guess? I hate that term tbh but libertarian works just as well.

It's a moot point though bc this won't be fixed until the root of the evil ($$) is fixed by overturning Citizens United. If there was any reason to vote for Clinton, it would have been for a better Supreme Court (though Merrick Garland was in favor of Citizens United IIRC)
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

I wonder how the international relations will go in the future. I'm thinking particularly about the relation between EU and USA. I feel like that relation was pretty strong during Obama's presidency. But I feel like it has diminished during Trump's. Mainly due to many EU leaders disregarding and flat out dislikes Trump in a lot of ways. Merkel talked about how "Europe have to take it's destiny in our own hands" and that "We cannot completely rely on USA anymore". And it feels kind of sad, and also with Brexit happening. But I feel like it has cooled down a bit, after a very hectic presidency. Things seems so go more on at a decent pace now. At the start of his presidency, it felt very hot and serious, almost cold war-esque feel. Now, things go at a more even pace.

I'm also interested in Sweden's relation to the EU, and the EU itself. I'd like Sweden to have as much power as possible, by itself. But I also do want more cooperation with the European countries (and that's where EU comes in as a platform). As I think it could help unite Europe more, and I think that will help most countries within the EU and Europe, a win win situation.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

~
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Tobbeh99

Yet I feel like the EU-USA relation is pretty ok. Some daily things reminds me of it: All the tv-programs and various products, which comes from the US. I mean, they don't come from like Russia or the Middle East. I'd say that the EU+USA could be seen as "the west world", with Russia being the start of "the east(world)"(or whatever you'd call it).
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

LeviR.star

Why wasn't this locked 139 pages ago
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Olimar12345

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 05, 2017, 09:11:01 AMWhy wasn't this locked 139 pages ago

One of the greatest questions of all time.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Quote from: wariopiano on September 11, 2012, 08:45:10 AMObama I hate that name!!!!! >:( >:(
I'm glad to see this thread has always been the home of intelligent discussion.