News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

what's a magnet opus?
unmotivated

swimswamit

a masterpiece, he can go no higher

Tobbeh99

QuoteTo add to the above (all of which I agree with), another thing is that forums like this are usually a place for engaging in discussion with multiple people. I haven't seen many instances where you respond to a prompt by someone else. Communication is a two-way street that takes multiple people listening and speaking in turn, and sometimes it seems like you're not really interested in actually beginning - or continuing - a dialogue with other users. Most of the time your large posts tend to start a new topic rather than following up on something previously mentioned or discussed, so it's hard to respond to them since they seem more like "let me tell the world what I think" rather than "I am interested in talking about my views/opinions/life/etc with others and hearing them talk about the same things". That's another reason we are staging this uh... intervention I guess.

Y, I'm sorry that I do like that. But to me, ideas, are almost like handcraft or science. I go think, take in impression, and process it and then makes an expression. And then when I'm done with all the experimentation and crafting, I present my final result. I do the same with my arrangements. But I can definitely agree with you that my social skills aren't the best.

On the topic of net neutrality. I don't like it as it seems like big companies can start to pay for you using internet. And then they can chose what price you pay. I guess it could help some competitiveness in the market, which is a good thing in a market economy. But as just an ordinary guy using the internet, it just tough economically. Yet again, I guess you could say that the bright side is that it's not like in China which have a "great firewall of China"... it's clearly better as you still have pretty open internet. But it does cripple people a bit. We'll see what happens with it. If the companies decides to have completely open internet, and then have a decent price, guess it isn't the worst. But I don't think it's a benefit.

Quote from: swimswamit on December 30, 2017, 12:56:42 PMjesus tobbeh that's your magnum opus

Lol. Thanks for the appreciation. It really really matters!! Yug_Guy and Altissimo makes me feel somewhat bitter, so therefore I really appreciate your kind and loving answers! So that you know that.
I think really really hard, trying to come up with the best possible answers and ideas getting answers from I want to use my knowledge for the good. I think foreign relations matter, and I think that logic and knowledge is key for understanding it. On the topic of diplomacy, I've heard some talk about US diplomatic armada... wonder where that one is heading... Also starting to feel like Putin is worse than Trump... But comparing them is like comparing an apple with like a Playstation, it's just weird. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

SlowPokemon

Not even comparing Apple to Sony, comparing an apple to a PlayStation

Crazy
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 30, 2017, 02:44:13 PMY, I'm sorry that I do like that. But to me, ideas, are almost like handcraft or science. I go think, take in impression, and process it and then makes an expression. And then when I'm done with all the experimentation and crafting, I present my final result. I do the same with my arrangements. But I can definitely agree with you that my social skills aren't the best.

Yu_guy was not discrediting your craft, he was very kindly telling you that it doesn't belong on this site. It's a shame that this comment makes you "feel bitter" and that swimswamit's doesn't, because Yug_guy's was sincere and swimswamit's reply was not.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 30, 2017, 02:58:59 PMYu_guy was not discrediting your craft, he was very kindly telling you that it doesn't belong on this site. It's a shame that this comment makes you "feel bitter" and that swimswamit's doesn't, because Yug_guy's was sincere and swimswamit's reply was not.
this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

swimswamit

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 30, 2017, 02:44:13 PMYug_Guy and Altissimo makes me feel somewhat bitter, so therefore I really appreciate your kind and loving answers!
...did you skip over the part where I said:

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 30, 2017, 11:54:25 AMI'm sorry if this came off as mean-spirited or toxic, I don't mean for it to come off that way. I just would like this issue resolved as peacefully as possible.

I really don't hate you Tobbeh, but there comes a point where these posts just start becoming a nuisance for everyone, not just me or Alti. So I'm sorry if you hate me for telling you all that, but at some point you'll probably realize that I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 30, 2017, 06:46:43 PMat some point you'll probably realize that I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

I'm surprised he hasn't already.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Altissimo

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 30, 2017, 02:44:13 PMY, I'm sorry that I do like that. But to me, ideas, are almost like handcraft or science. I go think, take in impression, and process it and then makes an expression. And then when I'm done with all the experimentation and crafting, I present my final result. I do the same with my arrangements. But I can definitely agree with you that my social skills aren't the best.

That's perfectly fine. If you want to tell people your ideas and not engage in actual conversation, I mean, there really isn't anything wrong with that. The problem is that there is a time and place for everything, and a public forum is more for having two- (or more) way conversations and engaging in back-and-forth discussions. That's why everyone is encouraging you to get a blog: blogs are for posting about your life or views and therefore would be a better outlet for the kind of stuff you post here.
We know your social skills aren't the best. That's why at this point we are outright TELLING YOU, point-blank, "NSM is not the place for your screeds. Please take it elsewhere." If you don't want to listen, okay, that's your perogative. But at that point, it has nothing to do with social skills anymore, because there's no possible way for you to misinterpret a statement so direct. If you wanna keep posting, that means you are intentionally choosing to be an obtuse, selfish asshole who does not have any concern for proper forum etiquette even after BEING TOLD it (which results in the other members getting deeply annoyed with your presence), and that's all on you.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I lost it at "When I think of Trump I immediately think of the jazz music"
what is shitpost

E. Gadd Industries

Dang, can't believe I missed that! I lost it at "Can't help but to think of politics."
I lost it so badly for that matter that I never bothered to find it & left the thread
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Altissimo

sure is quiet around here

Dude

LeviR.star

And we should be grateful that it is so
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements