News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, September 16, 2012, 07:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragster

Did that boss remind you guys of a Banjo boss battle? I don't know, I think it was the noises he was making or something.

SlowPokemon

Hey just wanted to let you guys know-- if you'd like to let the developers know how much you appreciated the soundtrack, the audio director's email is chad.york@nextlevelgames.com

Mr. York is a nice fellow and gave me a nice reply when I sent an email about how much I loved the soundtrack, how the compositions were great and how Luigi hums to it occasionally, etc., etc. You can also note stuff like how the main themes were fun, but the ghost themes were quite frightening, which was a great combination of spooky/silly, or that the use of the Super Mario Bros. Theme in scenes with
Spoiler
Mario
[close]
were clever, or the multiple remixes of the "chaos" theme (heard first in the library piano battle and then remixed for every bonus stage in each mansion) were fun, or other random stuff you liked in particular.

Just yeah if you loved the music, shoot him an email! If you'd like to mention the other composers besides Mr. York, they are Darren Radtke and Mike Peacock. Oh, and be sure to mention you'd definitely buy an official album if one was released! I doubt it, but maybe if they hear it enough times they'll consider releasing one!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

^^sounds like a neat idea! :)

I beat the game today! I was thrilled! Although, the final boss just seemed easier than it should have been...as did practically all the boss battles...

I still loved the game, IMO. Incredible.
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

I thought the staircase boss was very very cool.

uberdragon

Tried a demo the other day. Amazing, but Luigi doesn't sound the same as in the GCN one, which kind of bugs me. The ghosts look way different too.
The game is great, but, like usual, the original was equal to or better.
However, I loved it. I'm definitely going to get this one.
"You believed your prophecy, and we believed in mopping the floor with you."
-Bowser
Super Paper Mario

SlowPokemon

I must say, I think this game was better than the original. It was certainly more rewarding as it was twice as long (no exaggeration). However, some of the levels just felt really repetitive compared to the immense diversity of the original, despite its brevity. It's hard to knock extension of great material, though, and it certainly isn't a bad problem to have.

Spyro

I beat it like a month ago.

You guys can check out my review here:

http://www.mariowiki.com/The_%27Shroom:Issue_LXXIII/Critic_Corner#NSM.27s_Review_Corner

Kinda sloppy and there are lots of spelling errors. You've been warned.....

SlowPokemon

dahans

I bought that game a month ago and still didn't find time to play it.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Kman96

Hey, in case anyone forgot about this game, I found this video on Facebook of an orchestra that performed an arrangement of Haunted Towers, and there are even a couple instances where people play ghosts or Luigi(s)...

I'd give it a watch. It's not a bad performance!

Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

Yeah, Chad York himself shared this link on Facebook, I thought it was neat!

mikey

If my high school had done stuff like that for concerts maybe I wouldn't have quit
unmotivated

Dude

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 26, 2014, 07:56:01 AMIf my high school had done stuff like that for concerts maybe I wouldn't have quit
Oh,

so that explains it. :P

mikey

Quote from: Dude on November 26, 2014, 08:53:07 AMOh,

so that explains it. :P
Didn't seem worth staying in band when I could have done other stuff.
unmotivated