BDS's Pokemon Sprite Fusions (Requests when open)

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, October 23, 2012, 02:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Pokemon of Wave 5?

Salalix
Unzymotic
Deldevoir
Braixylu
Letty

BlackDragonSlayer

It's back... this time, WITH A VENGEANCE.

Back sprites could use some work, but I'm really happy with the front sprites.

EDIT: The image doesn't seem to want to stay as the size that it should be. Bleh.

EDIT: Link because it's acting up.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

In celebration of becoming the most-viewed topic in the Art board, I made a recolor of one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon! For some reason, I think the Ice-type would compliment Cofagrigus well, so that's why I decided on Rotom-Frost instead of another Rotom form. This completes Wave 4 and means that requests are open for Wave 5. Personally, I think Wave 4 was really great overall because it had a lot of great requests in it that lead to a lot of funny or cool results- not to mention that my skills have improved after a few years of practice.

On another note, I'm thinking about putting the images on Imgur instead because Wikia has been weird with its images for a while and keeps resizing them weirdly, and I don't know how to fix this otherwise!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quick question: Which looks better?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

With, but I think the shortcut itself could be altered a little.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

It's just so...straightforward. Like sure, it's a shortcut, but it's just kind of there. Maybe a curve? Maybe a different connection to the Western landmass? idk.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

How about the new one? Originally, I figured simplicity was better, but now that you pointed it out, it does look kind of stark in comparison to everything else.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Mm, yeah, it looks better. There's not a lot you can do to fancy up a shortcut so I like how you gave it a unique starting point.

mikey

towns that close to each other should definitely have a route between them
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 06, 2016, 09:13:03 PMtowns that close to each other should definitely have a route between them
???

If you're talking about the little island, that's supposed to be a Battle Frontier with a town bordering it, separated by a small path.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 06, 2016, 09:09:50 PMMm, yeah, it looks better. There's not a lot you can do to fancy up a shortcut so I like how you gave it a unique starting point.
The red part is a cave (it's kind of hard to tell the difference between the red and the "flyable location" orange, especially when there's so little of it- I just used the color Sinnoh uses in this map for the interior of Mt. Coronet, since that's a cave!), which I figure will help it transition into the route, which is somewhat mountainous (also of note, I'm probably going to make a new version of this map soon as well, since I think I might have lost the file to the original).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

you have towns half an inch to each other that don't connect.  That's kind of stupid
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 06, 2016, 09:37:23 PMyou have towns half an inch to each other that don't connect.  That's kind of stupid
Which ones? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

cmon man I'm pointing right to them

basically you need your routes to connect towns, not act as a path that you follow
they're too linear
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 06, 2016, 10:51:40 PMcmon man I'm pointing right to them

basically you need your routes to connect towns, not act as a path that you follow
they're too linear
Really? Especially with the addition of the new water route, I don't think the region is any more linear than, say, Johto. Johto places an impassable roadblock after Violet City, forcing you to take the "scenic route," and then, when you get to Ecruteak, you can either go to Olivine/Cianwood, or Mahogany Town- but you'll have to go to all of them regardless. Then you continue on to Blackthorn City, and get back to the beginning through an obstacle you can't pass back through (without Fly, of course), and so on.

Technically speaking, most of the regions do follow a linear path, at least until a certain point (usually late enough into the game where such freedom is in itself limited), which is especially accomplished by geography and either permanent or temporary roadblocks when geographic focal points overlap. You also seem to be forgetting that the story allows opportunities for backtracking (after all, Pokemon games aren't just gym-to-gym anymore!), and a few off-to-the-side locations that aren't entirely necessary to visit might become interesting places to explore later.

And, I mean, geographically, don't even get me started about Unova in Black/White... :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Did I, by any chance, perhaps go a tiny bit too overboard here...? (supposed to be the second route in the game :P :P Also, the sand is for Rock Climb, or would be if I really wanted to take the time to try and add it in)

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber