BDS's Pokemon Sprite Fusions (Requests when open)

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, October 23, 2012, 02:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Pokemon of Wave 5?

Salalix
Unzymotic
Deldevoir
Braixylu
Letty

FSM-Reapr

Never make a Ghost-type gym the first gym. Because usually the attack moves on Pokemon are Tackle, Pound, etc.

Yugi

Maybe make the Elite 4 Rooms have puzzles as well, except with no trainers.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on December 26, 2012, 09:35:33 AMNever make a Ghost-type gym the first gym. Because usually the attack moves on Pokemon are Tackle, Pound, etc.
That's where I got the ideas of Lilblu and Almasil...

And if I don't improve much with my spriting skills, I'll continue the requests soon (a few weeks/months).

Quote from: SocialFox on December 26, 2012, 02:59:44 PMMaybe make the Elite 4 Rooms have puzzles as well, except with no trainers.
Or perhaps slide puzzles between the rooms?

Characters
Blade: Male player character, and rival if opposite gender is chosen.
Petal: Female player character, and rival if opposite gender is chosen.

Depending on which character you choose, the dialogue with several characters, including Barnum and Lionel, is slightly different.

Professor Sakura: Main professor and part of Saber; he gives the player/rival a starter, and later tries to recruit them. Has similar goals and hobbies as Tykogi. After he is defeated, he returns to his lab to start anew in his research.
In "Titanium," he is the leader of Saber, and is fought last (directly before catching Tykogi).

Professor Daniel: Former researcher at the Genetics Lab. When he is first encountered, he gives the player a fossil. Has similar goals and hobbies as Bullion. After he is defeated, he disappears. In an event, he briefly appears when Pulviban threatens Mulai Town.
In "Tan," he is the leader of Saber, and is fought last (directly before catching Bullion).

Doctor H.: A self-certified "plant doctor," he studied plants across the region, and is convinced that he can devise a way to expand the lifespan of humans. Has similar goals and hobbies as Jollos. After he is defeated, he can be seen wandering around the "Safari Zone" underneath the Hermit's Hut, and, when talked to, alerts the player of swarms.
In "Aqua," he is the leader of Saber, and is fought last (directly before catching Jollos).

"Version" Exclusives
Aqua:
  • Almasil and ?? Grass/Flying are more common in grass.
  • After seeing every Pokemon in the Regional Nornova Dex, you can find a Shiny Almasil in the Soul Well.
  • The tomb of Jollos can be accessed after beating the Elite Four; you may exchange "keys," as in BW2, to open the other tombs. However, they do not have a special move.
Tan:
  • Romawh and Birchomp/Corvassine are more common in grass.
  • After seeing every Pokemon in the Regional Nornova Dex, you can find a Shiny Romawh in Hardened Tunnel.
  • The tomb of Bullion can be accessed after beating the Elite Four; you may exchange "keys," as in BW2, to open the other tombs. However, they do not have a special move.
Titanium:
  • Gilidoyn and Tailow/Swellow are more common in grass.
  • After seeing every Pokemon in the Regional Nornova Dex, you can find a Shiny Gilidoyn in the area around Dark Shrine.
  • The tomb of Tykogi can be accessed after beating the Elite Four; you may exchange "keys," as in BW2, to open the other tombs. However, they do not have a special move.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Sorry for double post, but...

On the far right is the new Jollos sprite, with better hands, legs, and a few more minor adjustments.

Gilidoyn (Gil-lee-doih-en), originally an evolution of Almasil, now a Dark-type and part of a trio with it (along with Romawh).

For those looking for a deeper meaning, the Bug/Ghost and Bug/Psychic represent Death and Life, respectively, as the two are almost opposites of each other. The scholars respresent life, and triumph over death; combined with knowledge, they are Psychic type as well. However, their bestial natures represent that a triumph over death cannot truly be a triumph, since it is a price to pay.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Winter

So, I just stumbled upon this, and I have to say, it's pretty damn awesome <3

BlackDragonSlayer

Gladiolus Town Sketch
[close]
Sketch of Gladiolus Town; as you can see, it's just an average starting town: a few houses, a Pokemon lab, lake, trees, fences, etc.

EDIT: The image doesn't seem to be working now?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Kman96

Ok, I've been overseeing this project as of a few minutes ago, and I have something to say:

It's cool BDS, and I'm glad that you're following our paths of pioneering through the Pokemon world by creating your own region, but there's one thing that is irking me beyond belief.

A long time ago, I posted this on the Alyos thread:
Quote from: Kman96 on December 04, 2012, 06:13:17 PMI found this.

AW HELL NO.
I like the idea of the borders, but there's like NOTHING in Alaska!!! :(
I feel threatened.

and you responded with this:
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 04, 2012, 06:36:10 PMThe Delmarva Peninsula gets even less. :P

and because of this, I (not knowing what the Delmarva peninsula is) looked up the location and had to ask, Do you know what it is, either?

According to google maps (and basically every other map site I've looked at) This is the Delmarva peninsula:

From what I can see, the peninsula on the pokemon regionalized map of the U.S., there appears to be a city there, which takes up a majority of the space if not all of it. It confuses me, that you would say something like it gets even less than alaska when it is most definitely smaller than it.

Point #2 was posted a while back on this thread, when you position the peninsula, and your new region Nornova to the northeast of Unova...What.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 13, 2012, 10:09:40 PMEDIT: The region is called Nornova, and is somewhat northeast of Unova. It's based off the Delmarva Peninsula.

I'm not sure if you purposely placed it oppositely geographically from it's proper location as a way to make your own mark on the pokemon world, because if you meant it to be in it's actual location, the Nornova region would actually be SOUTH WEST of Unova....

Either explain your faux pas or fix your mistake. What you're doing is still cool, I just don't understand your methods.

/rant
Party Hard!
[close]

FSM-Reapr

Kman, you do realize that when you start a debate with BDS, there's no going back.

Kman96

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on March 11, 2013, 07:38:15 PMKman, you do realize that when you start a debate with BDS, there's no going back.
-.- I don't know what this means.

My proof is in the pudding, and well...let's just say I own a dairy farm.
Party Hard!
[close]

FSM-Reapr

You're questioning BDS's geographical knowledge. Don't do that. You end up like everyone else. In a debate.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Kman96 on March 11, 2013, 07:35:14 PMEither explain your faux pas or fix your mistake. What you're doing is still cool, I just don't understand your methods.

/rant
Point #1: It was a joke. Obviously, something that small (in comparison to other locations) isn't going to get a lot of detail on a general map.

Point #2: Look at the map of the Pokemon world in comparison to the map in comparison to the locations they're based on (mostly the ones based off of Japan; I'm using the one from Serebii, but nearly any will do): aside from the Kanto and Johto regions, which are RIGHT next to each other, the other locations (Hoenn and Sinnoh, as well as other regions from side games) aren't exactly near their "proper" real-life locations (if they were like this, they would be).

Additionally, very few of the areas in the region are based off of actual locations in the Delmarva Peninsula, which was intended.

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on March 11, 2013, 08:11:52 PMYou're questioning BDS's geographical knowledge. Don't do that. You end up like everyone else. In a debate.
He's right that the Delmarva Peninsula is south of the New York area, but that's not what I intended (e.g. it's not due to ignorance, but rather, a chosen decision).

In conclusion, I can assure you that it was not intended to be entirely geographically accurate (just like how I blended bits of Canada and Maine together :P): if I wanted it to be, I probably would have chosen another location like... say... California (though that does pique my interest now)?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on March 11, 2013, 08:27:56 PMi was trying to funny
D:

Another example would be the Orre region: it's based off of Arizona, but Arizona isn't exactly directly bordering an ocean (there's a strip of land in Mexico seperating it); just a little creative liberty.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Kman96

Okie dokie. Im glad that we have come to an agreement. See FSM, there was no debate!

To be honest, I hadn't put the Serebii map into thought. (I do like that map, though...)

Party Hard!
[close]

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Kman96 on March 11, 2013, 08:31:43 PMOkie dokie. Im glad that we have come to an agreement. See FSM, there was no debate!
Kudos