News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Trumpet

Started by lord of the duh, April 29, 2008, 04:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lord of the duh

I'm a trumpet player, I've been playing since I was 10 and I want to know if anybody else here plays.  I sit second chair in the middle school concert band.

Palagerini

i've been playing trumpet 2 years.. and i too sit 2nd chair in my middle school band.. although what's weird is last year i was last chair the whole year.... i always got 4th part... which really sucked..  :(
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

MetroidHunter26

I'm first chair in my High School ;D and I plan on working to get first chair AGAIN next year in both Jazz and Symphonic!

David Hauffe

I sit first chair for trumpet for concert band and jazz band. I am in 8th grade and I probably will win the award for outstanding achievement. (Only 1 per year!) So that is exciting. Also for next year in marching band he literaly told me to take first trumpet because he thought I would do better than most of the softmores that play trumpet. The songs are like f***ing dragonforce, it is insanity. Also, today I got done playing at every school at our district for jazz band, my lips feel like they are going to fall off. All trumpet players know what I mean. Luckily I don't have braces. =/

Palagerini

Quote from: David Hauffe on April 29, 2008, 07:46:05 PMI sit first chair for trumpet for concert band and jazz band. I am in 8th grade and I probably will win the award for outstanding achievement. (Only 1 per year!) So that is exciting. Also for next year in marching band he literaly told me to take first trumpet because he thought I would do better than most of the softmores that play trumpet. The songs are like f***ing dragonforce, it is insanity. Also, today I got done playing at every school at our district for jazz band, my lips feel like they are going to fall off. All trumpet players know what I mean. Luckily I don't have braces. =/

lucky... i have braces... it sucks really badly.. u mess up alot.. and it hurts to play trumpet when u get a new appliance on.. i still have em on for another year so it's going to stink. that's cool your 1st..
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

lord of the duh

I would chalenge for first chair in the middle school band but I cant because the teacher wont let me!  At state assessment we made strait distinguished for the middle school and highschool!  ^^  The highschool music I get is always 3rd or 4th part though and I dont like it.  I dont feel chalenged at all with my music.  Its way to easy and I wish he would give me a better part.  :(

David Hauffe

Quote from: Palagerini on April 29, 2008, 09:15:31 PMlucky... i have braces... it sucks really badly.. u mess up alot.. and it hurts to play trumpet when u get a new appliance on.. i still have em on for another year so it's going to stink. that's cool your 1st..

My friend just found a solution, buy something called Floral Tape, it isn't actually tape, it is just sorta wax paper, it is tasteless, you put it on your braces by rolling it on them, and it sticks on eventually and will stay on all day, and the braces won't cut you, I have also heard of a mold that you put over your braces where you play and it covers them so you don't get cut, but it is more expensive.

Limbo

I'm third chair of 27 trumpets, so I'm pretty good. I too recently toured my district with my jazz band. I've always been a good trumpet player, much better then the people sitting behind me. But I can't touch 2nd and 1st chair, they're incredible. Ever seen 1st part on Carmina Burana? That's killer! We have to play Star and Stripes over and over and over and over. I can never watch July Fourth Fireworks again!
"I wish all the people who have trouble communicating would just shut up."

lord of the duh

I would be first chair if it werent for the fact that the teacher wont let me chalenge!  But I'm second chair out of ten (yah, we dont have that many...)

David Hauffe

I am first chair out of 13 but I don't think having 27 trumpets is good balance for the band... unless the other sections are bigger. We have a generally small band but there is a lot of competition of who is the best in the band. I would consider myself 2nd in the band total, here is a good list

1. **** ****, Clarinet Player that also plays alto/tenor/soprano sax
2. myself
3. ***** **********, baritone saxophone player
4. **** *******, trumpet player

Censored names because I don't know if they are comfortable with me announcing their names.

lord of the duh

We have an over all nice balance of instruments for our band except for the saxes.  We have:
4 flutes
8 clarinets
2 baritones
3 tubas
4 trombones
1 bass clarinet
1 bari sax
1 tenor sax
1 french horn
10 trumpets and
8 alto saxes?!

Yes, we have to many alto saxes...  It really sounds 'interesting'

razer84

13 clarinets
3 bass clarinets
11 flutes
1 or 2 piccolos (depending on the song)
3 oboes
8 alto saxes
3 baritone saxes
12 trumpets
3 tubas
5 trombones
6 euphonium
3 bassoons
7 percussionists

damn commies.

MetroidHunter26

Wow your guys bands sound big >__>

4-3 Flutes
1 Picolo(depends)
7-8 Clarinets
4 Saxes
1-2 Bari saxes
1 Tenor (who never plays) so we have no tenor
1 Bassoon
5 Trumpets (actually 4 who play. 3 who are good. the other 2 arn't good. 1 doesn't even BRING HIS TRUMPET!!!)
4 Trombones
1 Baritone (An anoying fat kid who sits by me >___> )
1 Bass

>__>,  T.T

lord of the duh

The last four trumpets just cant play so theres only six of us who can actualy play our music, one of our flutes absolutaly cant play, three of the clarinets absolutaly cant play, the last four alto saxes sound really airy like their playing through a pillow, and three of the trombones cant play all.  Only two sections that are perfect, the tubas and the baritones.   :-\  But we still sound good because everybody else plays louder than the others to drown out their bad sounds.

Limbo

Our band has balance, mostly because half of the trumpets can hardly play. We have a huge band because it's both the 7th and 8th grades put together. This is my band
26 Flutes
3 oboes
21 Clarinets
5 Bass Clarinets
9 Altos
8 Tenors
6 French Horns
22 Trumpets (I had miscounted before)
1 Bari
2 Tubas
1 Bass
7 Trombones