Started by Kman96, November 23, 2012, 12:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite Paper Mario game?

Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Super Paper Mario
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Kman96

I feel as if this forum needs a thread to discuss things about Paper Mario, in my opinion one of the most fun RPG's I've ever played.

Although I haven't started on Sticker Star yet (nor have I played SPM), I will say that the 1st Paper Mario is my favorite, whether it be the music, the awesome interpretation of an "overworld" concept, or just the gameplay in general, the 1st in the series was revolutionary to me.

Vote in teh poll.

Paper Mario FTW!
Party Hard!
[close]

MaestroUGC

I have yet to play Sticker Star yet, but I love the whole series. I think I want to say that Thousand Year Door is my favorite, it really expanded on the gameplay of the orignal.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Roz~

Sticker Star is so disappointing u_u
But yeah my favorite is The Thousand Years Door. Gameplay, music, everything in that game was great.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

spitllama

TTYD still sits as my favorite game ever played. The replay value in finding badges and doing sidequests was fantastic.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Kman96

Quote from: Roz~ on November 23, 2012, 02:19:24 PMSticker Star is so disappointing u_u
But yeah my favorite is The Thousand Years Door. Gameplay, music, everything in that game was great.
How is it disappointing?? I know there's no partners (:'(), as well as the top-down overworld >:(, but what else is wrong with it?

And yeah, TTYD would be my favorite, as it was technically my first Paper Mario game, but I still haven't beaten the final boss(es) yet, soo....

Another thing I like about TTYD is that you can play the rest of the game even after you beat the final boss, whereas in the original, it starts you back at your last save point, kinda like OoT.
Party Hard!
[close]

Roz~

It just feels really different. I loved TTYD and I really enjoyed SPM and PM, but I can't seem to enjoy playing PMSS. I really miss all the RPG elements. Imho it's the worst PM game so far.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

TheZeldaPianist275

Hmm, I haven't really looked into this series.  Why is it to be recommended?

FSM-Reapr

Call me maybe crazy, but I loved Super Paper Mario!

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Never played any of these games beyond like a couple hours of TTYD, which was a long time ago. And Sticker Star doesn't really appeal to me, so I think I'll pass on it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

wariopiano

Has anyone played sticker star? How is it?

kartiomart

Paper Mario 64 is definetly the best!!

blueflower999

I'm in the middle of playing Super Paper Mario, and I'm enjoying it greatly. Basically:
Mario + Original storyline + Different game mechanics = Paper Mario
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

^Also applies to the Mario & Luigi RPG series.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Taser9090

Just beat Paper Mario Sticker Star. The game was so awesome, but I didn't like the ending. There's nothing to do after you beat it but just to finish the accomplishments.

I admit I miss the original RPG mechanics, but who cares. The game is amazing anyway.

If someone else loves the game as much as the other PM games, you should definitely arrange Decalburg!

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover