News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Pretty awful--it was a rehash of several other dreamworks films with not much pizazz.

I still love the Bee Movie, though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

The only thing that I enjoyed in Bee Movie was when Sting was brought into the court. Everything else was a total meh.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

This morning, since she asked if I wanted to come, I went to the movies with my mother, brother, and sister. I walked into the movie theater of "Tangled" and saw (not very promisingly) a lot of little kids. I was pretty sure it would be an overwhelming "meh" with an annoyingly predictable plot.

I was very pleasantly surprised. It was actually a very good and cleverly thought-out movie, though you would never be able to guess from the previews. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who still has it playing in his or her local theater.

Roz~

Don't really watch a lot of movies, what do you guys think I should watch? Also, no movies still running in theaters unless I can watch them online. French versions of movie usually are horrible.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SuperFireKirby

Depends on what kind of movies you like.

Fantasy: LotR Trilogy

Horror: 28 Weeks Later(probably the best horror movie of the decade. Most horror movies suck these days.)

Sci-Fi: Star Wars [/thank you Cpt. Obvious]

Comedy: Either Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein. Two of the best comedies ever.

Black(Dark) Comedy: The Lady Killers or Inglorious Basterds

Old Movies: Mr. Deeds Goes to Town and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde are probably my two favorite movies from the 1930's. Along with the Flash Gordon movies.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Maretocks

Donnie Darko's fantastic.

Anything by Miyazaki.

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 24, 2010, 02:08:13 PMComedy: Either Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein. Two of the best comedies ever.

Along with History of the World.

Roz~

Thanks guys, I'll check them out.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 24, 2010, 07:04:32 PMAlong with History of the World.

And Airplane.

Quote from: Roz~ on December 25, 2010, 12:26:04 PMThanks guys, I'll check them out.

Watch Spirited Away. :D

SuperFireKirby

HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT AIRPLANE?!??!?!?!

SlowPokemon

"Surely you didn't forget about Airplane!"

"I did. And DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY."

SuperFireKirby

I got the Man With No Name trilogy for Christmas. I must say, the only thing better than having a copy of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is having TWO copies. I got one for Christmas last year as well. But this year I got the other two movies to complete the trilogy as well. Amazing stuff.

Winter

I just saw an Anime called "Origins: Spirits of the past"

It was interesting but it seemed to be cut off short.

New Anime sucks lately...

fabbemannen

SlowPokemon

Finally got a copy of Spirited Away on DVD, and picked up Ponyo as well. Now my Miyazaki collection is almost complete--I just need Porco rosso and Princess Mononoke. XD