News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Question..

Started by MasterPenguin, May 03, 2008, 05:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPenguin

Alright. This is a bit puzzling me, though I'm not really minding it. [Heh].

I was playing Counter Strike: Source. I turned on the net graph, allowing me to see my fps. Now, I'm on medium graphics, and I get an average of about 60 fps. So, I turned it to the max, to see what I'd get.

When it changed, I got an average of about 150fps. Why is this? Shouldn't turning up the graphics reduce it..By..Alot?

Dekudude

FPS = Frames Per Second.

So therefore, 150 frames per second is a lot clearer, and nicer, than 30 frames per second, et cetera, because it goes through frames quicker, making animation smoother.

Jamaha

Way to miss the question.

Also, I don't know.

MasterPenguin

Yeah. I didn't ask what FPS was. :P. But anyways..I've posted this on multiple forums, seeing if I'll get an answer.

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Dekudude on May 08, 2008, 08:53:35 PMFPS = Frames Per Second.

So therefore, 150 frames per second is a lot clearer, and nicer, than 30 frames per second, et cetera, because it goes through frames quicker, making animation smoother.

I heard the answer there... and there's no other way that I can explain it, having no skill with this whatsoever.  ;D
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!