The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Kman96

QuoteKyon: "Koizumi, I love you."

*Haruhi Faints*

Koizumi: "If you don't mind, now I must go deal with a rather large closed space..."

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard at that!!! xDDD

Also, I <3 this version of Ryoko Asakura. :D :D
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Quote from: Mashi on January 22, 2013, 02:17:34 PMyou are dead to me
love you too

Actually:
The first time I stumbled upon The Melancholy, I was met with a picture of Ryoko.
(I think I was looking for a Higurashi replacement, and had so far been disappointed by Elfen Lied and School Days <--stay away from School Days!)
I am positive that she was the reason I postponed watching the show, for many months. I just didn't like her - I mean, if the first thing you see, from a show you don't know what is, is that weird blue haired girl with more space between her eyes than the average Clannad-girl(seriously, there is a damn limit), then you wouldn't be rushing to see it, right? For all I knew she was the main character as well, that's not something you attract audience with, right?
It wasn't until later when I found the clip of Kyon playing soccer, that I decided to check it out again, but the thought of her almost scared me off. So I watched it with that in mind, hence I don't like her that much.

But her song, Cool Edition is awesome.
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Kyon's songs are the best, also school days is horrific

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

The limited editions came with a bunch of CDs--I have:

Character songs:
Volume 1 Haruhi Suzumiya
Volume 6 Kyon's Sister
Volume 9 Kyon

A single featuring "God knows..." and "Lost my music" as well as the opening song of "That Adventures of Mikuru Asahina."

A single featuring "Bouken Desho Desho" and another song

I probably am going to download the rest of the character songs, the ones I have are really cool. "Kentai Life Returns" is really catchy and the English lyrics of his version of Hare Hare Yukai are hilarious:

"My heart is beating and pounding every day... (I'll get a heart attack!)"

Jompa

I really like Taniguchi's "WaWaWa Wasuremono", but I already posted that in what song is stuck in your head :)
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

I bet Taniguchi's is funny. I'm interested to hear Koizumi's.

Mashi

QuoteI mean, if the first thing you see, from a show you don't know what is, is that weird blue haired girl with more space between her eyes than the average Clannad-girl(seriously, there is a damn limit), then you wouldn't be rushing to see it, right?
So... practically every single Japanese cartoon character ever???
Sounds more like you were scared off by her excessive coolness!!!  It's called COOL EDITION for a reason!

Jompa

What? How does that make sense?
And I wouldn't dislike her because her eyes are far apart or that her hair is some crazy color, I mean I love Clannad, and they are practically bugs. It's because she's at fault for scaring me off.. sorta.. whatever... doesn't have to make sense, that's how I feel, that's why I don't like her..
But yeah, I guess she is kinda cool.. But I like Emiri better
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

What I'm trying to say is that she is a bad promotive poster for the show. You don't see a picture of Ryoko and go "hm, I kinda wanna watch a show about this girl". I know she isn't a main character in the slightest, but when she was the first thing I found when I googled the show, she might as well have been the only character in the whole series. I got turned off, and didn't try again for many months.
It's like I'm mad at her for it, if you get what I mean..

Besides, I was looking for a Higurashi replacement after all - Ryoko doesn't look "potentially" scary and murderous, so that was a turn-off as well.
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Who's your favorite supporting character on the anime?

Ryoko Asakura
    - 6 (46.2%)
Tsuruya
    - 1 (7.7%)
Taniguchi
    - 1 (7.7%)
The President of the Computer Club
    - 2 (15.4%)
Kyon's Sister
    - 3 (23.1%)
Shamisen
    - 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Kyon's Sister....far more popular than I would have guessed

How does the president of the computer club have more votes than Tsuruya, Taniguchi, and Shamisen combined

Anyway new poll soon.