News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Okay, so I'll be taking the top three results from this poll and combine them with the top two results of the next poll (season two) to make a "best Haruhi episode" poll.

My vote is for "The Day of Sagittarius"--it's just classic Haruhi. The comedy is stellar, and the characters are all given great moments. "Someday in the Rain" is probably second place--I just love that episode despite the fact that nothing happens in it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 24, 2013, 07:19:37 PM"Someday in the Rain" is probably second place--I just love that episode despite the fact that nothing happens in it.
I like to think of "Sumodei in ze Rein" as an episode where nothing goes on in it, but outside of it; I'm crying my eyeballs out :'( It's like, one has to finish crying before taking on the movie, and therefore you get time to think about the series, before going on..

...probably just me, 'cause I'm over-sensitive... I'm crying right now just thinking about it.. :'(
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

I know it's really sad. It kind of takes a look at what the show would be like without Kyon, I think.

Also I'm guessing you like Mysterique Sign just for Kimidori XD

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 25, 2013, 08:20:43 AMI know it's really sad. It kind of takes a look at what the show would be like without Kyon, I think.
Yes!
Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 25, 2013, 08:20:43 AMAlso I'm guessing you like Mysterique Sign just for Kimidori XD
No, actually, I like Kimidori just for Mysterique Sign, ::) It's the best ep!
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

So it turns out I was watching episode 3 because theres an episode 00? Idk. But I'm halfway through episode 4 right now

wtf just happened

SlowPokemon

Bubbles

Idk what I watched. I switched the places I was watching them on, and episode 3 on one was episode 4 on the other

Jompa

Bubbles, allow me to explain:

Episode 00 is actually an episode that was supposed to air later on, but KyoAni took a stunt and aired it first, because it is freakin hilarious.
If you want, you can go ahead and watch it now, I think that would be best - besides, if you decide to watch it when it was supposed to air, like slow suggests, you wouldn't know when to do so, or where to find it..
So watch it now at once! you won't be skipping through the story or anything, just watch it now. It was supposed to be watched first, after all :)
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

Jompa

Omg!! That is just soooo well made!!! :D :D :D Bubbles, watch this instead!!! :D
Birdo for Smash

Mashi

Wadde Bro...

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry, Jompa, I'm going to have to disagree about Bubbles7689 watching Episode 00 though!  You would have no clue what was going on and since low comedy is used at times, I don't think you would enjoy it very much!  At least not without the experience of a few Season 2 Episodes (which will provide background for Episode 00).  As Jompa said, Episode 00 has little to do with the plot, but it would cause unnecessary bewilderment and bemusement, I feel.  Plus, I think you're watching it chronologically anyway, instead of through broadcast order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbAIxCE_NlI&list=SP5B54DE0C408E9BB2
This is all the Season 1 Episodes Chronologically (which is what I presume is the manner you're watching in).  Just keep watching and tell us when you finish!!!

Jompa

I still think the best order to watch is the broadcast order.
And that episode isn't even funny when you know how it happened - it's just a fail of a movie. It should be watched first for optimal enjoyment!
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

I...must disagree. I've seen the episodes in broadcast order (DVDs come with second disc that contain the episodes in broadcast order in Japanese with English subs) and the chronological order really is best. Especially when combined with season two mixed in.

The only one I might agree with is episode 00 being viewed before the Sigh, but I still think after is better and certainly not first...