News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FSM-Reapr

POSSIBLE SPOILERS ABOUT KOIZUMI

Do you guys think too that Koizumi is in love with Haruhi or something? The movie made me think so.

SlowPokemon

Yeah Mashi and I had this conversation a while back. I think Koizumi is definitely in love with Haruhi, but it's unrequited love and he knows nothing will ever come of the relationship due to her feelings for Kyon. It's further cemented by the fact that he constantly makes references to being jealous of Kyon, refers to Haruhi as a "rather charming person," and the entire scene on the roof in Endless Eight Part II-VIII--I refuse to believe his comment "Perhaps I should do it" was a joke. He was dead serious, if only for a moment or so, and besides there's some truth behind every "just kidding."

Probably why he loves making Kyon feel awkward too, lol.

Bubbles

Yeah, also it was hinted at during the Endless Eight when they were looking at the stars. He seemed kind of jealous of Kyon but just...accepted it?

Ninja'd ::)

SlowPokemon

sort of an "I love you so I have to let you go" thing, I think

Jompa

He's definitely in love with Haruhi, but she's definitely in love with Kyon, and he can't really do a thing about it..
And Kyon is just being ignorant as fuck.. ...And he likes Mikuru, and in the earlier episodes it is hinted to that they will at some point get together..
Poor Koizumi :(
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Kyon's not ignorant, he purposely acts ignorant. Kind of like how you don't want to acknowledge someone likes you because it makes you feel awkward. Kyon definitely likes Haruhi on some level (this becomes incredibly apparent in the later books), and he feels something for her that isn't quite there with Mikuru.

In my mind, I compare it to how Ron can admit he likes Lavender Brown, but constantly fights and bickers with Hermione, who turns out to be his true love.

FSM-Reapr

plot twist:

Yuki and Shamisen fall in love with each other

SlowPokemon

FSM-Reapr

plot twist:

The computer club president and Shamisen fall in love with each other

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 02, 2013, 12:04:26 PMKyon's not ignorant, he purposely acts ignorant. Kind of like how you don't want to acknowledge someone likes you because it makes you feel awkward. Kyon definitely likes Haruhi on some level (this becomes incredibly apparent in the later books), and he feels something for her that isn't quite there with Mikuru.

In my mind, I compare it to how Ron can admit he likes Lavender Brown, but constantly fights and bickers with Hermione, who turns out to be his true love.
Very true, very true.
I was more referring to the superficial, though

plot twist:
the computer club president turns out to be the slider
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Plot twist: Kimidori is a slider; that's why she only appears once

Mashi

Plot Twist: When Haruhi mentioned sliders, she actually meant this:

slid·er

noun /ˈslīdər/ 
sliders, plural

A North American freshwater turtle with a red or yellow patch on the side of the head

Kyon is a turtle.

SlowPokemon