News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Anyone want to explain "The Misterique Sign" to me? I find it hard to understand in the way the show put it. >.<
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Jompa

Here:
Mysterique Sign
Haruhi makes a new logo for the SOS Brigade website, but then the website gets weird.

A girl named Emiri Kimidori comes to report that her boyfriend is missing, because the right place to report that kinda stuff is to a school activity club with "SOS" in its title.
Apparently her boyfriend is the president of the computer club, who was harassed by Haruhi in the past.
Haruhi takes on the mission of finding him, of course.

The Brigade searches in the President's apartment. But Haruhi leaves.
The others find a data lifeform presenting itself as the fear of the Computer Society's president: a camel cricket in an overlapping closed space.

Koizumi and Nagato fights the cricket and saves the computer guy.

The lifeform had existed for billions of years and had been in hibernation until Haruhi's logo had appeared on the internet, making everything go nuts.
The whole "missing"-thing that happened to the computer club guy happened to eight other people as well

So after the SOS Brigade has saved all of them, Yuki modifies Haruhi's logo to remove the danger. It is revealed the Computer Club president never had a girlfriend and Emiri was just a pretend client set up by Yuki.

So cute little Emiri was an alien all along, just like Yuki and Asakura.
[close]

GOD I LOVE THAT EPISODE! <3
Birdo for Smash

blueflower999

Spoiler
But it never shows the SOS Brigade saving more than the Computer Club President! Was that all off screen?
[close]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Don't you remember Kyon's ending narration? He mentioned it then.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

My Youtube takes a long time to buffer. Sometimes I find it challenging to hear.  :P

Thanks!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Yugi on March 02, 2013, 07:33:50 PMVoted Hare Hare Yuuki

But didn't spell it?!

Actually that one tends to be the most popular. I think I like "Bouken Desho Desho?" a little better, but they're both great.

Also, didn't bother posting the results of the old poll because there were 3 votes for Part 4 and random other episodes that had one vote each.

Bubbles

Kman96

I've been watching listening to episodes of Melancholy while doing my homework. :)
Party Hard!
[close]

blueflower999

Only one more Endless Eight to go! I'll watch it tomorrow and then finally move on!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

So I have Season Two on DVD, meaning I now own the complete series! ;D

I have made it through one disc so far, which has "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" and the first three Endless Eights. Surprisingly, I'm really enjoying the Endless Eights so far. Maybe I just skipped them out of disgust the first time because I wasn't expecting anything like that, but really it's quite enjoyable if you know what you're getting going in. It's fun to spot the differences and such, and with the additional scene in the middle of the night in parts 2-8, there isn't as much boring montage as there is in part 1.

On a slightly related note, I wish I could find the soundtracks for season two, because the music in the last ten minutes of "Endless Eight Part 2" is some of my favorite music in the series.

Jompa

The endless eight has such good OST!
Kinda a waste :P
Birdo for Smash

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Not until you finish the series and/or write a Diabolical Box review! :)

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999