News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Well. I think I have a new favorite movie. I still need a few things explained though.

Spoiler
Who pushed Kyon down the steps? Was it the future version of himself? If so, what happened to the Kyon that got stabbed by Asakura? Can someone please explain this in a way I understand? Dang, this show is confusing!
[close]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Kman96

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 23, 2013, 02:40:53 PMWell. I think I have a new favorite movie. I still need a few things explained though.

Spoiler
Who pushed Kyon down the steps? Was it the future version of himself? If so, what happened to the Kyon that got stabbed by Asakura? Can someone please explain this in a way I understand? Dang, this show is confusing!
[close]
I still don't know these answers, either...
Party Hard!
[close]

blueflower999

I read through part of the thread, and I see some discussion about this. I don't think I'll ever understand. Oh well. Still my new favorite movie of all time!

Oh, and new sig.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Yugi

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 23, 2013, 03:12:21 PMOh, and new sig.
Was listening to this when I looked at your sig and it fitted for some reason.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 23, 2013, 02:40:53 PMWell. I think I have a new favorite movie. I still need a few things explained though.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Kyon goes back in time at a point later on after the film to rescue himself from Asakura. The two are not different "versions", rather they coexist like Mikuru Asahina and her adult counterpart. Nagato and the others likely got him to the hospital and tended his wounds. My theory is that the "pushing down the stairs" incident never really happened.

Also I hope you watched through the credits!
[close]
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Also I watched all the Endless Eights back to back with no interruption tonight.

Kman96

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 23, 2013, 09:20:59 PMAlso I watched all the Endless Eights back to back with no interruption tonight.
Like a boss.

Ultimate beast level.
Party Hard!
[close]

blueflower999

I skimmed with my mouse through the credits and saw what I think you're talking about. So yes.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Well there's the post credits scene, but the music is beautiful--it's Yuki's Japanese voice actress singing. It's fitting given how much of the film was about Yuki.

Jompa

I just discovered that the melody of "Aru Ame no hi" is slightly flat..?
Is this intentional to give it that melancholic feel?
hm, exciting...
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

What is your favorite theme song?

Bouken Desho Desho?
    - 8 (61.5%)
Hare Hare Yukai
    - 4 (30.8%)
Super Driver
    - 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Huh, it just hit me that I forgot to include "Tomare." Oh well, since Super Driver didn't get many votes, I think I could assume the results wouldn't be much different. New poll in a moment.

SlowPokemon

What is your favorite arc in the series?

I know you will think I'm crazy, but I picked Endless Eight. Despite its terrible reputation, I've gone through it twice now and really enjoyed it both times. It's definitely unorthodox, but it's so overtly Haruhi that it's hard not to love it for me.

Jompa

Ok, who voted endless eight?  ???

Ninja'd

EDIT: well, the OST is brilliant..
Birdo for Smash

Yugi