The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Onionleaf

Oooh, so this is where all the avatars come from on this site.. ^^

Anyway, I only found out about this show two days ago. I wanted to post about it after the fourth episode, but now I have no idea which one I am up to, seriously! What is most loveable about this anime is the mix of high school scenes vs. random fiction.. errm, stuff. Also finding myself laughing at some scenes is not something that I catch myself doing often. I may not have seen that many anime series as others have, but the characters were refreshing and a big thumbs up for the English dub!

Koizumi's explanations confused me at times though; I remember one sentence that sounded something like "It's not that we know that we know what you don't know, you know?" ??? And I found myself thinking, "Please Koizumi, breathe between sentences!"

Oh, and I had no idea what the Endless Eight would be like... it was a really weird feeling, to be honest. I think I deserve a T-shirt that says "I survived the Endless Eight", lol - c'mon now, hand it over.  ;D

Mashi

"I don't know how I know, I just know that I know, you know?" was the line, if I recall correctly.

And glad to know you're enjoying it!  SlowPokemon's editted the episodes in chronological order for your convenience, if you need it.

Also, best T-shirt idea.

FireArrow

Wait, you only started watching this 2 days ago, yet you've already finished the endless eight? You watched the whole endless eight in a single day. How did you survive, it must've been torture. D:
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Jompa

I've done it 4 times 8)
..staying at my grandparents is boring ok...
Birdo for Smash

Onionleaf

Quote from: Mashi on August 01, 2013, 12:45:54 PM"I don't know how I know, I just know that I know, you know?" was the line, if I recall correctly.

And glad to know you're enjoying it!  SlowPokemon's editted the episodes in chronological order for your convenience, if you need it.

Also, best T-shirt idea.

Kudos to you for recalling the quote! You gotta admit I was close, right? Kinda.  ::)

Being the type of person who likes to follow the rules I went through Season 1 then Season 2, so it was quite muddled up, but it didn't matter too much since I watched it in such a short time. The first post was the perfect checklist, though! Big thanks to you, SlowPokemon!

If I ever find a shirt with an infinity symbol, I'm totally going to re-design it myself with a felt pen!

Quote from: FireArrow on August 01, 2013, 12:55:50 PMWait, you only started watching this 2 days ago, yet you've already finished the endless eight? You watched the whole endless eight in a single day. How did you survive, it must've been torture. D:

It was a good way to quench my thirst for more episodes. Whenever I find a good anime to watch, I watch it, and then feel all sad after the last episode. You could say it prolonged the time before "that end". I still need to find some time to sit down and watch the movie though, sad to admit that this was my distraction from my exams and free time has run out for this week. :( (And yep, the was a better activity than studying).

Jompa

Quote from: Onionleaf on August 02, 2013, 04:14:47 AMWhenever I find a good anime to watch, I watch it, and then feel all sad after the last episode.
Oh yes, anime hangover is the worst thing ever..
Birdo for Smash

Onionleaf

Quote from: Jompa on August 02, 2013, 05:17:30 AMOh yes, anime hangover is the worst thing ever..
Omg, I'm surprised that this is the first time I've heard it phrased like that, it's the perfect description! What helps me a lot is listening to the soundtrack, isn't it weird? I listened to some of the Character songs too, and just like the YT comments say, Yuki does sound a little bit like a Vocaloid. It makes perfect sense why that is though!

I couldn't help it, I watched the movie and all I can say is that it made me like Yuki Nagato even more. It took Kyon a while to realise it though, I felt really sorry for Yuki after only a few episodes of the Endless Eight. The way she bought a different mask every time at the fair must have been what had kept her sane.  :o

All in all, this is the kind of anime that needs to be seen a second time. I shall and I will.. once holidays begin. I wouldn't want to sit during exams and tap my foot to the beat of "Haru Haru Yukai".

SlowPokemon

You're right.

You should SING Hare Hare Yukai during exams.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Jompa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQehAvH2Q94
Click this video link, and skip to 1:31:18
;)
Don't forget to listen to the song after that one too!! :D

The band is "Platina Jazz", an amazing Swedish jazz band doing anime songs - when I found out they did two Haruhi songs, my head exploded.
Birdo for Smash

Kman96

Quote from: Jompa on September 02, 2013, 01:26:09 PMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQehAvH2Q94
Click this video link, and skip to 1:31:18
;)
Don't forget to listen to the song after that one too!! :D

The band is "Platina Jazz", an amazing Swedish jazz band doing anime songs - when I found out they did two Haruhi songs, my head exploded.

that's pretty sick! I don't think I could have ever imagined the song in a jazz arrangement, but there you go!
Party Hard!
[close]

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

Mashi

di
d
you
did you
its
you just found the greatest video
ur a gawd

SlowPokemon

the literal best thing ever i cant stop laughing
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.