The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I marathoned the first seven episodes of this show the other night and I swear to god it made me feel so relaxed and happy that I'm probably going to end up watching the rest of it too.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

I've been meaning to rewatch this for a while now but I can never find enough time :< I've seen the movie like 4 times though because its a shorter fix to my addiction

Jompa

These last two weeks untill today I have been hired to play with the high school F21's revue orchestra on their performances, which means that between all the scetches there are short musical numbers. Most of the numbers were awesome because they were all arranged by this cool guitarist with great taste in music, but some of the numbers were TERRIBLE, because they were requested by the high school - which means: lame pop music. On the day of the premiere I consulted the boss of the show about the All of the Lights-number, which was the worst one, and he said that if I could make the band play something else in three hours it would replace it. The number had to be fairly long - like 1.5-2 minutes. So I scribled down Itsumo no Fuukei, and ofc, we ended up playing it instead.
On the premiere when we played this amazingly cozy number with straight mute trombone on the melody it was a great hit with the publicum and was the number with the greatest applause. But the best thing about it was a guy up to the right who was screaming "HARUHIIIII!!!! HARUHIIIIIIIII!!!! HARUHIIII SUZUMIYAAAAAAAA!!!! WOHOOOOOO!!!!". That was fantastic.
Birdo for Smash

Mashi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 10, 2015, 11:13:25 AMI marathoned the first seven episodes of this show the other night and I swear to god it made me feel so relaxed and happy that I'm probably going to end up watching the rest of it too.
Yaaaay.
ive watched the anime like 5 times and read all the novels it still isnt stale i love it

Quote from: Bubbles on February 10, 2015, 01:25:46 PMI've been meaning to rewatch this for a while now but I can never find enough time :< I've seen the movie like 4 times though because its a shorter fix to my addiction
The movie still remains to be one of my favourite pieces of media I've ever watched; good tastes!!!

Jompa

After listening to "Suzumiya Haruhi no Tegari" from the movie soundtrack my heart won't stop aching, so I guess I'll have to re-watch the series again soon. It'll be my seventh time watching the TV-series, and it'll definitely be just as good this time too because that just the kind of show this is... It's so damn good :'(
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

News: so it will be 16 episodes + 1 ova.
That sounds promising to me!
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

I just watched the first episode after staying up half the night waiting. And it was good.
Though so far I can't really think about it as more than a spin-off. Though it had hints of that good old haruhi-feel. I know nothing about the spin-off-manga. I kinda hope it'll at some point stray off from the love comedy to a more plot-based thing, but this isn't so bad. It's like the old show with only the comedy included and in a less realistic way. Those are my thoughs after the first episode.
I'm interested to see how Haruhi and Koizumi get involved, if it'll just be slice of life'y or if it'll have anything to do with the alternate universe from the old show
Spoiler
(as a scene this first episode suggests!)
[close]
Spoiler
and Asakura humming hare hare yukai made my night.
[close]
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

IT WAS SO CUTE I FINISHED IT LIKE FOUR MINUTES AGO AND I'M STILL SMILING

The artstyle was beautiful, the references to the psycho asakura and asakura in general was amazing(I'm not even disappointed that they changed her sweet character), I found myself laughing multiple times and I got so much feels.

Yea I wanna see them do something with Haruhi/Koizumi

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

Jompa

The OP:
Like everything else with the show, it doesn't live up to the old KyoAni magic, but it does a pretty good job mimicing it! Hearing Aya Hirano sing again really soothened my mind after this three year old anime hangover has been destroying my mind this last week!
!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!!
They've re-arranged OST from the old show!!!!!!!!!! "Oi Oi" is in episode 2!!!! I knew I heard an "Itsumo no Fuukei"-reference in the first tune on episode 1 and this pretty much confrims it!!!!! ;D
[close]
Birdo for Smash

Dude

On 4/17/2015, at 2:31 PM, Dude wrote:
> The new episode of Yuki Chan is out
> So I guess you could say...
8)
> It's snowtime
> YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I'm such trash.

Mashi

Quote from: Dude on April 17, 2015, 11:36:29 AMOn 4/17/2015, at 2:31 PM, Dude wrote:
> The new episode of Yuki Chan is out
> So I guess you could say...
8)
> It's snowtime
> YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I'm such trash.
ur valuable thrash 2 me

Jompa

I love this show. It has the same humor and atmosphere if nothing else.
Yare Yare Oi Oi also appeared. Oh yeah.
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

THE LATEST EPISODE WAS SO GOOD so much feeelssss

Jompa

I've been so afriad these years of not being able to experience more Haruhi-anime in my life - that concern is gone after this episode!
Birdo for Smash