News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

I love this show.
A certain clarinet-rearrangement of a certain old OST-song has thrown me back into anime hangover.
Birdo for Smash

Dude

MR to this week's show: What.

Spoiler
Does she go back to alien Yuki now or what happens?? Will things get more interesting now?
[close]

Jompa

For those questions: Most likely no, and, most likely no. It'll probably just keep being romcom'y as hell, but I still love it.
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Oh shit first episode is dubbed already <3<3<3 Same VAs!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

Bubbles

Bubbles

Spoiler
I never knew how much I liked the emotions Nagato until she was gone :[[[[[ I literally cried the entire episode/spoiler]
[close]

Jompa

Wow.
Spoiler
So in this episode this fucking show has me breathing irregularly, and then at the worst possible time they drop a bomb I've been waiting for this entire time: the Aruame no Hi OST. Jesus. I love this so much. I feel stuff I felt back when watching the original series. And now it's gonna get exciting too, it seems. wow.
[close]
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Bubbles on June 05, 2015, 06:32:39 PM
Spoiler
I never knew how much I liked the emotions Nagato until she was gone :[[[[[ I literally cried the entire episode/spoiler]
[close]
THIS IS ME 100%
Spoiler
I didn't realize how much I loved the emotional Nagato until she was gone, this sort of shit happens every time D:

This was definitely my favourite episode so far(even though I hated it) and I felt so many things
and the soundtrack oh boy
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

So I was watching the subbed show a couple months ago, and it was kinda meh for me because I was just reading everything without inflection, etc, but now I've found a place to watch the dub and it is AMAZING. I'm laughing my ass off at all the subtle references to the old show/other universe in every episode. It really is like what melancholy would be like in nagato's world. It's beautiful.

I just finished with episode 3, and I will most likely tackle 4 tonight as well.

favorite moments
"Asakura, you're so good with a knife"
[close]
Party Hard!
[close]

Kman96

Double posting because I am sad now.

I marathoner through the first 6 episodes last night because it was so good, and this morning I watched the seventh episode to find that there was no link to the next dubbed episode...most likely because it hasn't been released yet :/ here I thought the entire dubbed series had been released, and now I've learned my lesson...
Party Hard!
[close]

Jompa

I must say, now that that "big, important" story arc is over, that I am not pleased with how this show turned out. The reason is just that after the arc was kinda leading us to believe that it would be related to the other world, which totally wasn't necessarily the case, was a huge diappointment, and since it wasn't necessarily the case, that makes that whole arc pretty silly in the first place, which combined with the fact that it was an incredibly slow and lame arc, drags the show down for me a very big notch.
This most recent episode was back to the "pleasent tribute to the old show"-routine, which is the only thing I am able to look at this show as (and the only way I like it).
I really want the old show to continue. That'd be amazing.
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Spoiler
Itsumo no Fuukei at the end there was nice.
[close]
But overall, this show was disappointing.
KyoAni please come back.
Birdo for Smash

TheInsidiousSpurt

This is a great show. But a show better than this is Steins; Gate