News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Where People Can Recommend Games

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabbemannen

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 09, 2013, 09:08:15 PMOkay, Zelda fans... Zelda Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages are on sale for $5 each on the eShop for a week or so.... Are they good? Should I get them? And if so, which game should I get?
You either get both or none of them (I think I prefer Seasons though). Really great games actually, and anyone that liked Link's Awakening should play them.

Olimar12345

Bumpity bump-bump. I need some help guise:

I'm looking for a good multiplayer ds or 3ds RPG that supports multicard local play for up to four players. Something with customizable characters and isn't turn-based. (Something similar to Phantasy Star 0) Hack and slash, preferably. Any suggestions?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

The first thing I think of is Spirit Tracks' multi player mode
unmotivated

Olimar12345

I was thinking something a bit more optimized for multiplayer. Cooperative, preferably.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Echo

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 19, 2014, 09:23:25 AMBumpity bump-bump. I need some help guise:

I'm looking for a good multiplayer ds or 3ds RPG that supports multicard local play for up to four players. Something with customizable characters and isn't turn-based. (Something similar to Phantasy Star 0) Hack and slash, preferably. Any suggestions?

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days is the first game that comes to mind for that description. Action RPG, hack-and-slash, 19 playable characters, the game features a unique customization gimmick (if you've played the MegaMan: Battle Network series, it's kind of like the Navi Customizer system in those games), and you can replay almost every level in the game in a co-operative multiplayer mode that supports up to 4 players.

Also heard that Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates was pretty good, but never tried it myself. Saw it for really cheap though where I'm from, like $5.

SlowPokemon

Also 358/2 Days has a flipping fantastic story
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. We've already done that KH game, so I'll check out the final fantasy one.

Waddle Bro

Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of the best RPGs for the 3DS.

Maelstrom

Olimar12345

Yugi

it's not an rpg though

it's a third person shooter

Olimar12345

I've never played a PMD game before, and I'm thinking about getting Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, is this the best game to start with?

Maelstrom

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 24, 2014, 04:39:28 PMI've never played a PMD game before, and I'm thinking about getting Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, is this the best game to start with?
There's a demo in the e-shop. Personally, I hated it. The pokemon element felt shoehorned into a dungeon crawler and all the tediously long conversations are unskippable.

If I didn't like the original paper mario, would I like 1000 year door?

Clanker37

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 24, 2014, 04:39:28 PMI've never played a PMD game before, and I'm thinking about getting Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, is this the best game to start with?
No, don't play this one. It's the worst of the series imo. Red and Blue Rescue Team is a solid place to start, if you can still find a copy. But you wouldn't be missing out by starting off with Explorers of Sky.

Nebbles

Gates to Infinity is trash. Get Blue Rescue Team, then Explorers of Sky.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel