Bofur
0 (0%)
Bombur
5 (33.3%)
Thorin
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Saria

So The Hobbit came out recently on December 14th, 2012.

In this thread, let us all discuss about it. =D

In my opinion, I thought it was awesome! I can't wait for the next two parts of the movie. I really want to watch it again. :3

Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

MassiveMayhem

Here's my take on it:
They pretty much went through half the book in the movie. Now coming up in part two, they're either going to finish the rest of the book in two parts OR what I'm hoping/hoping not, putting other books of Tolkein in the trilogy, like the necromancer and what not.

I'm not sure, but either way, it's going to be awesome. <3
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

SuperFireKirby

They've already put non-Hobbit books in Part 1, so I can guarantee Part 2 and 3 will be the same way. Not being entirely made up of The Hobbit.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dudeman

*SLIGHT SPOILER WARNING*
Movie-wise, it's awesome. Great acting, great special effects, and an excellent job creating unique characters for each dwarf.

Book-faithfulness-wise, it's terrible. Azog really did die from his wounds, it took hundreds of years for the Necromancer to gain power, and Radagast never showed up or was even mentioned. (Azog too, for that matter.)

BUT WHO CARES ABOUT FAITHFULNESS TO THE BOOK?! IT WAS AWESOME!!
I am extremely excited for The Desolation of Smaug.

EDIT:
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 06, 2013, 09:54:17 PMThey've already put non-Hobbit books in Part 1, so I can guarantee Part 2 and 3 will be the same way. Not being entirely made up of The Hobbit.
Most of that stuff was taken from the appendices. It really happened, it just wasn't mentioned in any of the books.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Mashi

I ate all of our popcorn at the movie with Ruto and Saria!!!
It was A+++, also.

Ruto

I keep forgetting to take a picture of the 59th Street station that's plastered with ads for the movie. I'm not sure if it's still up but I'll get a picture of it if it is.

Yeah the movie was awesome XD I just don't really get a lot of the complaints for it...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Ricky

Simply breathtaking. Best movie of 2012 along with Skyfall.

EFitTrainr

Ahem. Wreck-it Ralph??
I like food.

SlowPokemon

^Frankenweenie was much better in my opinion. As far as non-animated films go, though, The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit were both a lot of fun. Among the films I've seen, I'd say Life of Pi was my favorite of the year.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

The movie was pretty good. Having not read the book I can't speak to the accuracy but it didn't seem to have any plot holes or anything :/ The ending through me off though. It felt just like Bourne Legacy-- "Wait. That was it? That was an awful place to leave off."

Definitely agree on Slow's comment about Life of Pi. Not only was it true to the book, it also had some sweet computer animation (an entire tiger? wuuut).
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Anyhow, voted "good but too long"--it should have had more things from the book rather than all the extra stuff. Just my opinion--seemed like it didn't fit quite as well. I really enjoyed the movie though. Saw it twice (though admittedly the second time was just because a girl asked me to).

Saria

There's going to be two more parts to it coming out. It's going to be awesomeee with Smaug, Thorin and everything. I thought the movie and book were good in their own way. =D Awesome music too!
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

SlowPokemon

I did buy the soundtrack, it's good (albeit pretty much exactly the Lord of the Rings soundtrack with the Misty Mountains theme in it).

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with the soundtrack, since I was hoping for more non-recycled material from LOTR.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

I like the theme that represents the ring--usually performed on strings.