Or do you mean that part where
PSMD spoilers
legolas tries to jump to the Tree of Life to save it from Dark Matter
[close]
oh dear now I'm just getting confused
unmotivated

Saria

nice try bruh

They said they wanted to make the battle have its own part because the tone was different from the other parts of the story. The first part was adventurous and exciting, the second part was when the quest was becoming more dangerous [they were more secretive sneaking around] and the last part was dark because of all those deaths over gold and it was hard to see who the good guys/the bad guys were.

I liked the battles a lot. Fighting choreography was great.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Dudeman

Yeah, I loved the part where the orcs decided to not swallow the entire dwarf-elf-man alliance with their giant tunneling earthworms that aren't in the book. That was the best part.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

Saria

Maybe they're vegetarian, duh!
SARIABALL
cooperating anal

Dudeman

Okay, so have the earthworms eat the ground underneath them, causing the field to lose its structural integrity and the army to collapse on itself, subsequently dying by their own spears or orc archers.

It's not that hard, Azog.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

"Don't you want to wait until dawn?"
"Are you kidding me there's like 12 of them and 10,000 of us.  We'll take over the mountain by sundown."
"I WANT MY NECKLAAAAAAAAAAACE"
unmotivated

Saria

They had to make a cool entrance somehow, it's a movie!

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 01, 2015, 08:38:53 PM"Don't you want to wait until dawn?"
"Are you kidding me there's like 12 of them and 10,000 of us.  We'll take over the mountain by sundown."
"I WANT MY NECKLAAAAAAAAAAACE"
Dain Ironfoot appears with his army but yes that last one was funny; war over a necklace. XD
SARIABALL
cooperating anal

Ruto

Quote from: Dudeman on December 01, 2015, 08:26:06 PMYeah, I loved the part where the orcs decided to not swallow the entire dwarf-elf-man alliance with their giant tunneling earthworms that aren't in the book. That was the best part.

The book doesn't explain how a whole army got from the Misty Mountains and through a bunch of other mountains so quickly. Only solution: tunnels. Besides, like worms, they probably only eat dirt and can't really be trained to make tunnels that look like my name 5 miles below the Earth.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dudeman

The book also doesn't have an elf-dwarf romance, Radagast, Saruman, Azog (beyond a passing reference), a wizard-elf romance, a battle on a flaming tree trunk overhanging a cliff, a corrupt mayor with a cross-dressing servant named Alfred, a prophecy, giant ballista-style black arrows, sons for Bard, Bombur in a barrel...

And I said before that the orcs could just have the worms dig a little bit farther and destroy the ground underneath the armies' feet.

Saria

Well books and movies are never exactly the same. I think both were good in their own way. The movie added more drama with all those things you listed and it was exciting to watch for the first time since it wasn't in the book. And people change things in movies to attract a wider audience. I think this movie is better than a lot of movies that came out recently yuck.
SARIABALL
cooperating anal

mikey

I've never been able to read a lord of the rings book
I've never been able to sit through an entire lord of the rings movie
but I sat through all the hobbit movies just fine
unmotivated

Dudeman

Eh, I guess I'm just salty that Peter Jackson thought it was necessary to split The Hobbit (which, mind you, is shorter than any of the LotR books) into three movies. Maybe one movie would have been a little long, but that's a sacrifice I would have been willing to make. Oh well.

Zunawe

The Hobbit could have been made into two movies with a bit of fluff or one 4 hour movie (which the extended LotR movies were). I think they tried to throw too much Tolkien into the movies. Also the Tauriel thing was completely extraneous.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Ruto

I also think the Hobbit could have been two movies if they didn't add extra fight scenes.

There was an elf-wizard romance??? I thought they were just being friendly -.-

If they didn't add Tauriel and Galadriel, there would be almost no women in the movies. Don't think that would go over well with an audience.

Azog was supposed to be dead before the events of the Hobbit. Bolg is still around. The White Council did exist and meet around the time of the Hobbit and they *did* drive off the Necromancer at the same time, so including Radagast and Saruman wasn't a stretch. Aragorn's actor refused to be in movie when asked, now Aragorn would have been a stretch...The dwarves were stuck on the trees at some point. The Master of Laketown did exist and bard had descendants so children aren't that much of a stretch.

Did you really think normal black colored arrows could kill something that big? They would really have to be like bolts to work on Smaug...a normal arrow is a splinter to that dragon! even if you hit the eyes it wouldn't die from it, but get really irritated...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.