Finale Glitch? Fixed!

Started by PianoMan, May 05, 2008, 04:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PianoMan

Today my Finale Notepad 2008 doesn't make a sound when I put in notes, and it won't playback properly. Help!

QuoteIT'S FIXED!!!!! I dunno what I did, but somehow it's fixed.

Gu4n

Restart the program. Mine does that often, too.

PianoMan

Gu4n

How about Alt+F4 and then open the program again?

PianoMan

Ya mean alt+F4 while the program's up? or just press alt+F4?

vgmfreak

Quote from: PianoMan on May 05, 2008, 02:00:01 PMYa mean alt+F4 while the program's up? or just press alt+F4?

How old are you? Alt+F4 is the close command, it's an alternative way to close an application. If that's too hard to understand, press the X button in the upper-right corner. Once you close the application (Finale Notepad 2008) start it up again like you did before when you wanted to open it up. That is what G-han is telling you when he means restart it.

If that doesn't work, go to Midi in the menu bar. Where is it? At the top you should see something like File    Edit   View   Document   Midi. Click Midi and a drop down menu appears. Click Midi Setup. It's the first one. On the right side it says Midi out. Set Device: to SmartMusic SoftSynth 1.

Akiro

it's not that hard...

If anything just reinstall it, if you didn't keep the setup then that's your fault.

Explore the program!!!

PianoMan

Don't you think I would have tried that by now, closing and reopening? I'm not five. And it is on SoftSynth 1. I guess I'll try to reinstall it...

master_gamer38

My parents are divorced and at my mom's house (I alternate frequently) I have allegro demo, printmusic demo, and notepad 08. All of which do not make any sounds. When I play the music the first note will occasionally play, but thats it. No blue line or anything. I messed around with the settings for a while after closing and reopening. Didn't get anything. I uninstalled all three and reinstalled notepad. It still doesn't play. Also now here at my dad's I have allegro demo and notepad, and notepad will never open anything. It always opens in allegro.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

razer84

if it's like that even after reinstalling, then it's probably a problem with your computer.

damn commies.

master_gamer38

Yeah, any ideas what is wrong?

Beethoven II

Sound drives may be old. Check your computer brand's site for an update on your sound. Hope that helps.

master_gamer38

Yeah, umm, that is a problem. I got this computer hand-built. That was last year, $1000 computer last year. I probably don't think that the sound drives are broken, because other sounds work fine.

PianoMan

It's not the sound. The little green/blue bar doesn't go. However, the measure... thingy changes so it looks like it has.

Akiro

Quote from: PianoMan on May 08, 2008, 04:11:27 AMIt's not the sound. The little green/blue bar doesn't go. However, the measure... thingy changes so it looks like it has.
Can you show us a screenshot of when that happenes?