News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

MIDI Keyboard Problems

Started by BigDaddysPizza, January 08, 2013, 02:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddysPizza

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but...
I transferred some MIDIs from Ninsheetmusic to my electric keyboard and they worked. However, I also transferred some MIDIs I made myself (using Finale Pad 2012) and they did not work. No sound would play and only the notes showed. I figured out that the instrument "Smart Keyboard Instrument" was set to all parts of the music. Using my keyboard I can change the first part's instrument). (Example: In a song that has a piano and organ, I can change the piano to a different instrument and I can hear it. However I can't change the organ.)
Is there a way in Finale Pad 2012 to save as a MIDI and have the instruments not be Smart Keyboard?
Thanks
My Prefrences
Mario, Pokemon, Donkey Kong Country, Advance Wars, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, and all of their music

Shadoninja

What model of keyboard do you have?
May I see a one of your mus files and a screenshot of what your score manager looks like?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

Try this on Finale (I'm under the assumption that your computer is hooked up to your keyboard):

MIDI/Audio --> Device Setup --> MIDI Internal Speaker Setup

Under Input Device, where it says "1-16," change "none" to your keyboard name. Then transfer the MIDI again.

EDIT: Output device, not input.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

BigDaddysPizza

@shadoninja
I have a Yamaha YPG-235. I'll send you a PM with the .MUS file.
Here's the picture of the score manager:

@spitllama

I changed the output device to my keyboard. Nothing changed.
My Prefrences
Mario, Pokemon, Donkey Kong Country, Advance Wars, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, and all of their music

Shadoninja

Are you playing the music from Finale or from your keyboard's flash memory?

With my keyboard, which I connect with a USB MIDI Cable, I sometimes have to hit the demo button twice to get the sound to work.

BigDaddysPizza

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 09, 2013, 05:35:18 PMAre you playing the music from Finale or from your keyboard's flash memory?

With my keyboard, which I connect with a USB MIDI Cable, I sometimes have to hit the demo button twice to get the sound to work.
The keyboard's flash memory. I tried the demo button multiple times, it didn't work.
I sent you a PM with the .MUS file.
My Prefrences

Shadoninja

The MUS file looks fine on my end so I think it's an issue with your keyboard. Not having access to a keyboard similar to yours makes it difficult to troubleshoot.

BigDaddysPizza

QuoteTry this on Finale (I'm under the assumption that your computer is hooked up to your keyboard):

MIDI/Audio --> Device Setup --> MIDI Internal Speaker Setup

Under Input Device, where it says "1-16," change "none" to your keyboard name. Then transfer the MIDI again.

EDIT: Output device, not input.

I tried it again, and these instructions worked! When the output was changed from SmartMusic to Yahama YPG 235, the sounds started to play. I somehow overlooked this before.
Thanks much!
My Prefrences

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012