main site pokemon error

Started by Wolf, January 27, 2013, 08:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

In the main site right at the updates thing, instead of pokemon, it says pok챕mon. I'm not sure if it's only my computer that makes it  look like that, but if it's not, then can anyone fix it???
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Waddle Bro

You don't spell "Pokémon" with a regular "e".  *wink wink*
I'm not having that problem, so I guess it's your computer.

JDMEK5

To make the cool 'é', hold alt, and then hit "0233" on your number pad in the order given. Try that and see if your 'é' derps on wordpad or something.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

blueflower999

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 29, 2013, 11:13:29 AMTo make the cool 'é', hold alt, and then hit "0233" on your number pad in the order given. Try that and see if your 'é' derps on wordpad or something.
Is it possible to do this on a laptop that lacks a number pad?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Shadoninja

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 29, 2013, 01:41:58 PMIs it possible to do this on a laptop that lacks a number pad?
It's usually function+num lock and then certain keys imitate the numpad.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Cobraroll

Can't the é be written with the use of alt gr too? It can on Norwegian keyboards, at least. Too bad I end up writing Pok´€mon half the time...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Winter

Quote from: wolf on January 27, 2013, 08:40:39 PMIn the main site right at the updates thing, instead of pokemon, it says pok챕mon. I'm not sure if it's only my computer that makes it  look like that, but if it's not, then can anyone fix it???

I actually went through the entire main site's posts and changed them all to regular e's to avoid that. unfortunately the other updaters still post them :P

Wolf

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 29, 2013, 01:41:58 PMIs it possible to do this on a laptop that lacks a number pad?
But I don't use a laptop. And besides, all of my computers have that problem. And that's not it. Even the school computers, library computers, my friends computer, and just about every computer in my country does that. So if any other computers with deferent language doesn't have that problem, then I guess South Korean computers can't translate the e thing.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Zunawe

Sometimes when people use accents I get this really weird group of characters. I'll have to post it some time. It's not the same as wolf's though.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Winter

Ehehe. Yeah I have ran into some that caused really weird things to happen to the page.