What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

I don't believe that Zimmer is a particularly good melodist, he mainly just revolves around a series of chord progressions, which isn't bad if you can do something with it. His orchestration is bland, I think his most exciting work in this regard was his work on Sherlock Holmes.

But I don't think we should derail this topic further. If anything we could use a general Film Music topic.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

^yep. Check out his "Rango Suite," it's a lot like Holmes and has more substance than typical Zimmer fare.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ricky

J.S. Bach's complete works for lute (didn't know he composed any works for lute before I checked wiki):

FSM-Reapr

I'm currently into Luigi Boccherini's Menuet.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

JDMEK5

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on March 29, 2013, 05:26:55 AMI'm currently into Luigi Boccherini's Menuet.

I went through that about half a year ago. That song was played to me as a baby as a lullaby every night.
How do I know? That song resonates with me. It runs through my blood. And I also asked my mom.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Ricky

More Bach:

It's Easter after all so this music is especially suiting.

Yugi

First VG Song to win a Grammy.

Right here.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ricky

An interpretation of the French Suites I'm not used to:

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DonValentino

Ricky

Olimar12345

^Such a great opera. I recently saw it live and I must say, it was something else.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Ricky

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 09, 2013, 10:13:51 AM^Such a great opera. I recently saw it live and I must say, it was something else.
Must have been great. I would listen to operas live more often but I dislike how they ruin the setting. For example I went to listen to Richard Strauss' Salome and while the music was ofc great they ruined it by making things look modern and doing stupid things not really fitting. If I want to listen to an opera that is about what happened about 2000 years ago then I want it to look that way, not like a freakshow.