News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swimswamit

Just beginning to get into classic rock. So far my favorites have definitely been ELO, Chicago, and Heart.
I've really started getting an appreciation for David Bowie, who knew how many hits he had.. and I discovered why Pink Floyd is so well known, some great stuff.

Dudeman

Add the Beatles to your lineup and you're good.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Discard all of that and listen to intelligent music and you're good
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Woah there. Calling all of classic rock unintelligent is gonna need a hefty amount of explanation.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

swimswamit

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 16, 2017, 07:02:26 PMDiscard all of that and listen to intelligent music and you're good
ouch, what type of intelligent music?

MaestroUGC

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 16, 2017, 07:02:26 PMDiscard all of that and listen to intelligent music and you're good
Did... Did you just disregard The Beatles as "unintelligent music"?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

I like rock
ACDC is gud

just ignore slow, he's kind of like a crotchety old man sometimes
he listens to sondheim and danny elfman, you know the type
unmotivated

Nebbles

Well, this won't end well.

I'll get the popcorn.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Dudeman

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Lol I was just being difficult. Actually I took a class about the Beatles.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 16, 2017, 07:42:22 PMI like rock
ACDC is gud

just ignore slow, he's kind of like a crotchety old man sometimes
he listens to sondheim and danny elfman, you know the type

Best description of me I've heard

And it's just a taste thing, there's just not much going on beneath the surface and I don't think the lyric writing in classic rock, or for that matter pop/indie/alternative is much fun or clever at all, and certainly isn't interesting enough to justify the lame harmonies they all use
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 16, 2017, 08:25:10 PMLol I was just being difficult. Actually I took a class about the Beatles.

Best description of me I've heard

And it's just a taste thing, there's just not much going on beneath the surface and I don't think the lyric writing in classic rock, or for that matter pop/indie/alternative is much fun or clever at all, and certainly isn't interesting enough to justify the lame harmonies they all use
You've been spared.

Dudeman

MaestroUGC

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 16, 2017, 08:25:10 PMAnd it's just a taste thing, there's just not much going on beneath the surface and I don't think the lyric writing in classic rock, or for that matter pop/indie/alternative is much fun or clever at all, and certainly isn't interesting enough to justify the lame harmonies they all use
I'm really curious to just how in-depth you've gotten with some artists and bands. Music in general has a long history of garbage lyrics, so it's not exclusive to Pop music; and I know of several people who would use less common chords and progressions regularly.