What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stibbar155

http://www.intsys.co.jp/works/sound/201903premiumarrange.html

There are previews for a new Fire Emblem Arrangements CD with some great tracks: Trouble(fe1), Holy War(fe4), Mila's Divine Protection and Where the Road Ends(fe2+15), Companions (fe7) to name a few. Even some new vocal arrangements with Yumi Kawamura who's known for her vocal work in Persona 3 OST! Definitely can't wait til the full tracks get released, hopefully I can figure out how to buy it and ship it overseas too.

Dekkadeci

I want to arrange this in the style of a video game theme (quite likely a boss theme) sometime. Probably with an orchestra and several types of synth.

Dagnabbit, its composer died in 1986, so I'd need to buy the sheet music in order to do that accurately....

Splatoon Inkling

One of my favorite classical pieces to listen too.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on February 14, 2019, 06:39:08 AM
IMO, that piece works for Rousseau due to its being dazzling and its tendency to be slightly dry. I listened to his rendition of the 2nd movement of that same piano sonata (a normally cute minuet/scherzo), and it was absolutely wooden.

Splatoon Inkling

Umm, ok? IDK if you checked out the video game pianist's pax west 2016 performances, but he did a really good job with bheethovens 1st, and 3rd moonlight sonata. (After the first sonata he started playing beware of the forests mushrooms from super Mario RPG, and then from that he moved into the 3rd sonata, then into another piece. Here I can post it again,
they were the first pieces he played for it.

Sebastian

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on February 14, 2019, 06:39:08 AM
Spoiler
[close]
I really enjoy that song, as well. Cool video to watch.

Latios212

Oh man they just released an official album of arrangements of songs from Octopath Traveler and it's INCREDIBLE

(playlist)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dekkadeci

I'm thinking of making a piano arrangement of this! (Of course it will have parts added. Luckily, the reliable sheet music is available on a YouTube video!)

Dekkadeci

I was listening to metal remixes of video game themes again when I found that two such remixers had rearranged this doozy. Thank goodness, unlike most anime openings, it doesn't have vocals! I'm definitely arranging this theme for piano next! (Dagnabbit, I need to clear out the sound effects, though...)

NineLives

For any fans of progressive rock, do I have a doozy of an album for you. Electric Light Orchestra has been a favorite of mine for years. Their albums have always felt ahead of their time and I feel many of them have aged pretty well. For any of those who have the time and are curious, please give this album a listen!

mikey

unmotivated

NineLives

For those of you who don't know, Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist was a comedic, wild west themed, computer game created by the minds of Al Lowe and Josh Mandel for Sierra Entertainment in the early 90s. Seeing a near non-existence of western-themed games at the time, Lowe decided to put in an entry of his own. The game really captured the feel of the timeline it took place in, and the music composed by Aubrey Hodges, who you may know as the composer for the later released Doom 64, further immersed you into the game world.
Recently, I found that a YouTube channel known as LiveMIDI had taken the music from its original format and remastered it with a new sound that did the soundtrack a huge amount of justice. For any cowboys or cowgirls out there looking for music to romp around on your horses to, look no further than here!

Dekkadeci

I'm shocked how much like heavy metal the outer sections of this piece of classical music from 1997 sounds:
If I ever decide to get the complete sheet music of this movement, expect a heavy metal version to be coming from me.

Amusingly, you can get partial sheet music of this movement from multiple websites affiliated with the composer.