News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

WarioWare D.I.Y. transcriptions (Easy Breezy [Bossa])

Started by Taser9090, January 31, 2013, 07:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taser9090

Since I have no arranging skills at all, I thought I could transcribe some of WarioWare D.I.Y. records. So far, I'm getting the hang of Finale Notepad already. Until I have the skills to learn notes by ear, I'll just transcribe some of the songs.

WarioWare D.I.Y.
9-Volt's records:
"A. Crossing" - "Animal Crossing on the piano!"
Jimmy's Records:
"Melancholy" (Rough Draft) - "Fiery tango with a dash of heartbreak"
Easy Breezy - "Kick back in the bossa-nova lounge."

The only problem I have is the rhythm groupings. I have no idea whether to use a dotted note, or to tie notes together.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Zunawe

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 28, 2012, 10:42:26 AMHow to Dropbox (Like a Boss)

Place your file(s) into the public folder.

Right click on your file and navigate to "Dropbox -> Copy public link"

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36661985/File.txt
Paste the link to your thread.

Walk away.
To save Shado the trouble.

If the actual music is written up an octave, then I would suggest you write it that way. However, if you don't want it to go up, then you don't really have to make it go up.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Taser9090

Hmm, I don't understand, that's what I did.

I don't have a "Public" folder and doesn't have a "Copy public link". It has a "share link" option, and that's how I got the link.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Taser9090

Ah, I see. I thought I had a broken link.

Quote from: Zunawe on February 01, 2013, 06:22:18 PMIf the actual music is written up an octave, then I would suggest you write it that way. However, if you don't want it to go up, then you don't really have to make it go up.
The problem is that I don't know how to change octaves. In the song there's an instrument change, so I'm just not really sure if it goes up an octave on the piano. If I knew how to use the 8va/8vb tools during playback, I'd have a better understanding.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Taser9090

Will do. Thanks for being extremely helpful :)

Edit:
I'm not sure how to add the tempo marking (♪ = 180) on the sheet. Also, I'm not sure how to properly  put in the copyright and the game title texts on pages after the first.

Zunawe

This will be useful

Most tempo markings, and default copyrights are only available in Finale. If you ask for a pre formatted sheet here, you don't have to worry about it.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Taser9090

All 3 of my sheets need to be formatted, so that means I would have to ask 3 times to get all of those sheets correct. Now that's just bothersome xP I'll just be patient.

Zunawe

I program things

Taser9090