News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Classical music

Started by Taser9090, February 01, 2013, 08:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taser9090

I remember not too long ago somebody made arrangements for classical music because it was in Brain Age. I don't think they tried for submission.

If there's classical music in a videogame, is it available for submission?
The game that I'm transcribing from has arrangements of classical music but with a modern twist to them, such as Pachelbel's Canon with rock elements.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

blueflower999

I... would imagine so. There's more classical music references in video games than most people would think.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

I think you're referring to Bloop: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=2141.0

As for the question, I'm not sure...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Taser9090

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 01, 2013, 08:04:44 PMI... would imagine so. There's more classical music references in video games than most people would think.
Yeah, I notice that too, but those are usually just excerpts, not the full songs.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 01, 2013, 08:10:31 PMI think you're referring to Bloop: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=2141.0

As for the question, I'm not sure...
Oh yeah, it was Bloop.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

blueflower999

Quote from: Taser9090 on February 01, 2013, 08:31:47 PMYeah, I notice that too, but those are usually just excerpts, not the full songs.
this and this are what generally come to mind when I think of classical music in video games, but I'm sure there are more examples.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Taser9090

Wow, I didn't realize that Tetris had a bunch of folk songs in it.

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 02, 2013, 07:49:00 AMthis and this are what generally come to mind when I think of classical music in video games, but I'm sure there are more examples.
That's exactly what came to my mind. It has an original battle theme integrated in it, though.

SlowPokemon

Super Mario Land for the Game Boy uses the can-can music for its Starman theme XD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Excuse me, but the correct name for the piece is "Infernal Galop" from Act II, Scene 2 from Orphée aux enfers by Jacques Offenbach.

[/show-offity-ness]
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 02, 2013, 11:14:09 AMExcuse me, but the correct name for the piece is "Infernal Galop" from Act II, Scene 2 from Orphée aux enfers by Jacques Offenbach.

[/assholishness]

*fixed
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.