News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Best Films of 2012

Started by SlowPokemon, February 16, 2013, 07:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 17, 2013, 07:11:10 PMTolkein wasn't a great writer. He was a genius and a master linguist, and his stories are fantastic and wonderful--but terribly written.

I'm not going to call heresy and burn you at the stake, but I strongly disagree.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 17, 2013, 06:56:37 PMI think Saria hates me for not enjoying the Hobbit. (Meaning the book. It was so mediocre that I didn't bother seeing the movie.  :P)
Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 17, 2013, 06:58:21 PMI found the beginning of the book nearly unbearably retarded. It made me sick at how boring those stupid "orthodox" hobbits were/are.
Normally I'd say that you're entitled to your own opinion, but your opinion is so outlandishly terrible that it's hard to ignore. Go back to your silly Harry Potter or Eragon or Twilight or 50 Shades of Gray books, or whatever it is you children enjoy. ADULTS ARE TALKING.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Yugi

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 17, 2013, 11:12:10 PMNormally I'd say that you're entitled to your own opinion, but your opinion is so outlandishly terrible that it's hard to ignore. Go back to your silly Harry Potter or Eragon or Twilight or 50 Shades of Gray books, or whatever it is you children enjoy. ADULTS ARE TALKING.
But I liked the hobbit.

It made me want to punch babies at times. But I still liked it.

MaestroUGC

What are you all going about.

Tolkein was a wonderful storyteller, but a horrid writer. He's basically the literary version of George Lucas, except he knew when to stop.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

blueflower999

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 17, 2013, 11:12:10 PMNormally I'd say that you're entitled to your own opinion, but your opinion is so outlandishly terrible that it's hard to ignore. Go back to your silly Harry Potter or Eragon or Twilight or 50 Shades of Gray books, or whatever it is you children enjoy. ADULTS ARE TALKING.
I've never read any of those books either.  :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Ricky

The Hobbit and Skyfall. I've also watched Loopers which was also good but not as good as those two.

SlowPokemon

Eragon is legitimately a terrible book. Same for the others you mentioned except Harry Potter. But really, I don't know how people like Eragon.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 18, 2013, 10:37:48 AMEragon is legitimately a terrible book. Same for the others you mentioned except Harry Potter. But really, I don't know how people like Eragon.
I've tried reading Eragon like twice, and I just can't get past the first few chapters...
Party Hard!
[close]