News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Wolfz Gaim REVEUZ!!!

Started by Wolf, February 27, 2013, 07:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of my first game review?

Good! Keep it going!
Good.
It had some flaws
Bad
The worst game review I've ever seen!
I don't know.

Wolf

If you grew up with games, then probably you've seen good games, and bad games.
And I always wanted to review games. In this topic, I will be reviewing games I remember.
All the games I will be reviewing are going to be Nintendo, Sega, Atari, PC, Xbox, PS games... Well basically everything!
 I will be reviewing randomly but a minimum of one per week. So please, enjoy my review.
P.S. I would like your feedback guys :).

List of my reviews

From episodes

Update: I decided to add a meter to show how good I think the game is. It'll be rated 0 to 10. The bigger the number the better. Remember, this is my opinion, so don't get too serious.

1.Contra 7
2.Legend of Zelda (update) 9
3.Super Mario bros 3 9
4.League of Legends 5
5.Minecraft 7
6.Ninja Baseball Batman 1
7.Starcraft 6
8.Mario paint 5
9.Super Smash Bros. Brawl 8
10.Castlevania 6
11.Plants VS Zombies 2 5
12.NES Remix 4
13.Geometry Dash 2
14.Maplestory 4
15.Super Smash Bros(64) 5
16.Castlevania part 1 N/A
17.Castlevania part 2 N/A
18.Super Mario Marathon N/A
19.Starlink: Battle for Atlas 4
20.Star Fox Timeline/Star Fox Marathon N/A
21.Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (update) 8
22.Super Mario Odyssey 8
23.Overwatch 6
24.Star Fox Grand-Prix(a Wolfz Gaim REVEUZ!!! Short) N/A
25.NES Online/Nintendo Switch Online service N/A
26.Amiibo/and games that support it N/A
27.Ice Climbers 5
28.Super Castlevania 4 7
29.F-Zero 7
30.Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 7
31.Game Glitches part 1 N/A
32.Game Glitches part 2 N/A
33.Galaxy on fire 2 7
34.Ghosts'n Goblins 3
35.Ninja Gaiden 4
36.Simcity 8
37.Cho'Gath Eats the World 5
38.Super Mario Maker 2
39.Buster Bros

Note: Wow I was organizing links and I realized I've been doing a shit ton of these reviews!
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

JDMEK5

3 games a week is pretty fast... Think you can keep that pace?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheZeldaPianist275

I really need to get back to mine.... :(

Looking forward to it Wolf!

blueflower999

What have I started...  ::)

Good luck, Wolf!

And TZP, yes you do!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Wolf

So... My first game review.

Contra (NES)

I didn't beat many NES games. I think about 2. But one of them is Contra for the NES.
Probably the first time playing it, the only reason I played it was because to check out the Konami code. But it was pretty fun. So I kept playing it. And I actually beat it. And even more funny thing is that I beat it with a cast in my right arm. The only thing I hate about Contra is the difficulty.
I think everyone agrees, without the konami code, almost nobody can beat it. I tried without it, but yes, it is hard. And also, I hate it when you get hit once, all the items are gone. So unless you don't need items to beat the game, the Konami code is useless. Speaking of items, I find them good. But the only ones I think it sucks, are the long ranged gun and the rapid fire thingy. first of all, the rapid fire thing is good if you have the spread gun or the machine gun. but if you get it without any other item, it's useless. It's like the cane in Dr jekil and mr. Hide. When the cane weapon is useless. (not for the bees) And the long gun. You can't rapid fire that thing, because if you do, then it stops. But better than the original gun. One more thing I hate about Contra, is that you constantly have to keep pressing the button to rapid fire. ( with the exception of machine gun) You would say to just get a turbo controller, but if your playing with the emulater, then there's no way to avoid this situation.
So in conclusion, not a BAD game, but still with some flaws.
Do I recommend this game? Yes if your a hardcore gamer. But no if you like to play games fair and you want to beat it.

And next review will be legend of zelda.

PS: all the games I will be reviewing are games I played before.

blueflower999

Lol, never thought I'd hear someone mention Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide in a Contra review!  ;)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

GaryOak

I was actually nerdy enough to beat Contra without the Konami code. It was the highlight of my gaming career.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Wolf

Quote from: GaryOak on February 28, 2013, 04:37:30 AMI was actually nerdy enough to beat Contra without the Konami code. It was the highlight of my gaming career.
Then you should consider yourself contra god.

JDMEK5

You should have links to all your posts that review games on your OP.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

I was actually wondering-- how do you link to the middle of a page?

Dudeman

Click on the "Re:" above the post. This will take you to that post, and then you can copy the url and post it, like this.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Wolf

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Wolf

Another review.

Legend of zelda

Any game that has puzzle solving things, one game that most people think of, is legend of zelda.
The first zelda game, is Legend of zelda. But first time hearing about the game, legend of zelda, I first thought this guy called Zelda will be the main character in the game. But no. Zelda only appears when you beat the game, or maybe at the middle of the game where she tells you some clues. I did some research, and it turns out the only game console that has a game that starts Zelda, is the cd-i.
If there going to call the game Legend of ZELDA and not put Zelda as the main character, then either call it Legend of Link, or have Zelda as the main character.
And for the gameplay. I really don't have much to say about. The controls are good, and the puzzle solving thing is well balanced.
The flaws. when your full health, you can shoot lasers from your sword. But a single heart gets taken away, you lose it. the only way to bring it back is to get a heart, get a fairy, or go to the lake with the fairy. But it seems like when you need hearts, the enemies leave rupees. When you need rupees but not hearts, then they leave hearts. Im not sure if that's just my luck, but it happens way often for me. and when you get all the heart pieces and die, then they make you start with 3 hearts. And so thanks to that, you have to go all the way to the lake. And if you play this game and actually went all the way to level 9, then your going to go to the lake a lot. So my only advice is when your going to go to level 9, then step one, go to the lake. Step two, buy a second potion. Step three, go to level 9 without any lives lost. But other then those, it's a good game.
Do I recommend it? Yes if your a mystery solving game fan. No if you don't.
Update
And about the second quest? That one is more frustrating. All of the levels (except for level 1) changed there positions. And the first quest was possible to do since there were clues along the way, but they didn't change any clues in the second quest. So the first time doing, the old woman told me to meet the old man at the grave. But I checked every gravestone and there was no old man. One flaw about it. But it was still a classic, I'd pop that game in my Nintendo any day.
Next review will be Super Mario Bros 3

TheZeldaPianist275

I wouldn't necessarily say that's a flaw.  The game was supposed to be challenging.