Errors regarding the Main Site (Spelling, 404's, Track Titles, etc...)

Started by Winter, February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Just Diamond and Pearl. No third versions whatsoever. You don't list the Mario bros theme as being from New Super Mario Bros. just because it appears in the game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

Busy work music.
Quote from: Winter on February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AMSuggested by Yugi

Final Fantasy Track Titles should be corrected:

Final Fantasy IV:
The Final Battle --> Zeromus

Final Fantasy IV:
The Last Battle --> The Final Battle or Neo Exdeath

I'm not well versed in Official track titles from Final Fantasy. Discuss please.

For the FFIV error. The official name was the Final Battle, however, when it was rereleased under the Black Mages (led by Nobou Uematsu, the person who composed the song), it was titled Zeromus, the name of the boss.

For the FFV Error. The Official name is called the Final battle, when the Black Mages rereleased it, it was titled Neo Exdeath.

Winter: If nobody says otherwise, I'll make those changes in the near future

New Problems:

Join Avenue is Error 404. Winter: No it's not?

If we're operating by the English Soundtrack, Tina in FFVI should be called Terra (I am working on a replacement however, I'll post it here when I've made it).
Winter: I went ahead and changed it for now.

spitllama

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 28, 2013, 02:51:48 PMJust Diamond and Pearl. No third versions whatsoever. You don't list the Mario bros theme as being from New Super Mario Bros. just because it appears in the game.

What do we do with arrangements that are specific to the third version? It would be inaccurate to put it under a title of only the original 2 games.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Winter

Olimar12345

Why don't we make a section for just the third games and only put songs that were exclusively in that game there? Like a pkmn platinum version section that only contained songs that played only in that game.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

At the moment we've got something like this, which I think works fine

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald -> Battle Tower (Emerald)

JDMEK5

I feel important!

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on February 28, 2013, 04:36:11 PMPokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald -> Battle Tower (Emerald)
To be really professional (which I only figured I'd bring up while we're changing everything anyways), how about this:

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Version
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Version
Etc.

Putting the 'version' on the end just makes it unexplainably more appealing to me and 'version' shouldn't be plural because you insert the one you're looking for.
(e.g. Pokemon HeartGold Version as seen in 'Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Version')
The slash means "or". So only one can be referred to at once.
Discuss.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 28, 2013, 02:51:48 PMJust Diamond and Pearl. No third versions whatsoever. You don't list the Mario bros theme as being from New Super Mario Bros. just because it appears in the game.
Unless there's a song which only appears in the third game. Otherwise, good point.
                                                  |
EDIT: Just realized I've been ninja'd. \/
Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 28, 2013, 04:29:06 PMWhy don't we make a section for just the third games and only put songs that were exclusively in that game there? Like a pkmn platinum version section that only contained songs that played only in that game.

FURTHER EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POSTING:
Quote from: Winter on February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AMSuggested by JDMEK5

Correct track title from Super Smash Bros. section:

Spoiler
Classic Clear Fox --> Classic Clear! (Fox)
[close]

Correct track titles from Super Smash Bros. Melee section:

Spoiler
Classic Clear Kirby --> Classic Clear! (Kirby)
Classic Clear Link --> Classic Clear! (Link)
Classic Clear Mario --> Classic Clear! (Mario)
Classic Clear Marth --> Classic Clear! (Marth)
Classic Clear Ness --> Classic Clear! (Ness)
Classic Clear Pokemon --> Classic Clear! (Pokemon)
Donkey Kong Victory --> Victory! (Donkey Kong)
Fox Victory --> Victory! (Fox)
Ness Victory --> Victory! (Ness)
Samus Victory --> Victory! (Samus)
Yoshi Victory --> Victory! (Yoshi)
[close]

Would love clarification if this would be correct to the Official Soundtrack titles. Also, tell me whether or not you think we should use Parenthesis for these?
As far as official soundtrack, maybe the sound test names used in-game would be good enough. They're as official as any soundtrack Nintendo could release, and I don't think there are actually soundtracks for SSB games.

EDIT WITHIN AN EDIT:
Checked for soundtrack which I found doesn't exist. There's the "Smashing! Live" CD for Melee, but I think the sound test names would be more reliable.

EDIT #3:
The site news has been updated! Yay!

EDIT #4:
Quote from: Winter on February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AMSuggested by comingaflame

There was a discussion from the last thread about how Super Smash Bros. (and Melee/Brawl) track titles should be formatted. If we can come to some sort of agreement about what they should be, I'll be happy to adjust them.

Proposed changes:
Spoiler
Hyrule Castle -> The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Castle
Saffron City -> Pokémon: Saffron City
Bramble Blast -> Donkey Kong Country: Bramble Blast
Dialga/Palkia Battle at Spear Pillar! -> Pokémon: Dialga/Palkia Battle at Spear Pillar!
Fire Emblem Theme -> Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem Theme (I know, redundant, but offiiicial soundtracks are laa-w)
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) -> Super Mario Bros.: Ground Theme
King Dedede's Theme -> Kirby: King Dedede's Theme
Main Theme -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Main Theme
Ocarina Medley -> The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Medley
Subspace Emissary - Overworld -> Subspace Emissary: Overworld
The Legend of Zelda Dark World -> The Legend of Zelda: Dark World
The Roost (Two Pianos) -> Animal Crossing: The Roost (Two Pianos)
Big Blue -> F-Zero: Big Blue
Brinstar -> Metroid: Brinstar
Corneria -> Star Fox: Corneria
Dreamland -> Kirby: Dreamland
Fever -> Dr. Mario: Fever
Fire Emblem Theme -> Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem Theme (Again, but they're different, I checked)
Flatzone -> Game & Watch: Flatzone
Fountain of Dreams -> Kirby: Fountain of Dreams
Hyrule Temple -> The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Temple
Onett -> Mother: Onett
Opening -> Super Smash Bros. Melee: Opening
Together, We Ride! (Two Pianos) -> Fire Emblem: Together, We Ride! (Two Pianos)
[close]

I would love it if someone would take a comb through those old and new titles for me and separate them by game. Make the old title exactly as it is on the site right now, and the new one how it should be changed, obviously. It makes it easier cause I can refer to this and copy/paste when I go to fix them.
I think we should leave them to sound test names. Whether it includes the game name or not, we go with the game.

EDIT #5:
Quote from: Winter on February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AMSuggested by Bubbles7689

Pokemon songs frequently appear in more than one location in a game, but the main site only includes the first place you encounter it.

Correct by including them in track titles on site.

Bespinben mentioned that this is not reflected in the official soundtrack (HearlGold/SoulSilver) but I think this should be implemented anyway. Your thoughts?

Spoiler
Violet City --> Violet City/Olivine City
Azeala Town --> Azeala Town/Blackthorn City
Cherrygrove City --> Cherrygrove City/Mahogany Town
Ecruteak City --> Ecruteak City/Cianwood City
Saffron City --> ?
Viridian City --> ?
Pewter City --> ?
Cerulean City --> ?
Cinnabar Island --> ?
[close]

Point #1 - [I'm not doing the research right now, so if someone would enlighten me as to the other town the track would appear in, that would be great!]

Point #2 - [Bespinben mentioned that this is not reflected in the official soundtrack (HearlGold/SoulSilver) but I think this should be implemented anyway. Your thoughts?]

Point #3 - [What do you guys think about doing this for the Routes too? If I was in a certain route in a game and came here to look it up, I might pass over it because I did not know it was in another route. Discuss.]
This is a good idea. (Just like every other on this thread)
I actually remember thinking about this but didn't get the chance to mention it before I forgot.

Point #1 - I'll get back to that. Probably by editing this out with whatever gets put in.

Point #2 - It should be implemented anyways, but stress firmly that this is the only so-far legit exception to the rule of "use-the-official-soundtrack-names".

Point #3 - Yes, this should be done for routes as well. Multiple routes would look like this:
Route 22/23/24/25 (Just as an example)

EDIT: That last issue reminded me of something else I was gonna put here but forgot.
This problem of same song, different places occurs in more games than just Pokemon.
A good example is Kirby.
Did you know that tons of songs from early Kirby games such as Kirby's Dream Land (1, 2, and 3) and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (for example; there are others) make reappearances later Kirby games such as Kirby Air Ride and Kirby's Epic Yarn in remade sound fonts? (Example below)
Well I'm thinking that even though it's the same song, it should be relisted as the new title under the new game. Arranged by the same person.
An example of what I'm talking about is this song:
Kirby's Dream Land - Mint Breath
Kirby Air Ride - Shooting
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Tankbot

Hear a resemblance? That's right. It's the same song. Three times.
In my arrangement thread I have them all listed under different games, and the sheets themselves have differing game titles on them. (Have a look for yourself)
This doesn't only happen for this song. The sound test in Kirby Air Ride features tons of songs featured in previous games that have been remade out of the 8-bit era.
This also happens with the Mario franchise. But really stood out with many tracks in the New Super Mario Bros. line. (I think you know what I mean)
The reason I think this should happen is because perhaps someone knows a song from one game, but it's already been arranged because it was featured in a previous game.
This happened to me first hand when I was trying to find this song: Kirby Air Ride - Revenge of Meta-Knight 1
Turns out it had already been arranged as this song: Kirby Super Star - Taking Over The Halberd
Not only that, the version on site was under the name: Halfmoon. (I haven't the slightest idea where that name came from)
That was extremely annoying and the whole thing could've been avoided had this been in place then.
Discuss.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Wolf

I'm not sure if I can call this an error, but the topic starfox assault, instead of Corneria (Duet)
It's Corneria (Two pianos).
Because all of the other ones are called (Duet), I think this is an error.

Winter: Been addressed, not an error. Thanks though ^^
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Yugi

It's probably what the arranger called it when it went through submissions. The updaters tend to use the name the arranger called it when it went through submissions, thus the name the arranger called it is the name on site.

Take my on-site arrangement of "The Loser", I added (Game Over) to it to notify people of where it was on the soundtrack, and it ended up being part of the on screen name.

Yugi

Also there's no PDF for it.

Winter: Fixed. Thanks.

Wolf

Oh.........
And another one.
Super Mario Galaxy
Instead of roselina's observatory, It's comet observatory.

Decided it's not a problem
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

JDMEK5

Quote from: wolf on March 02, 2013, 12:00:11 AMOh.........
And another one.
Super Mario Galaxy
Instead of roselina's observatory, It's comet observatory.
Ummm, no. It's actually Rosalina in the Observatory.
(Taken from the European version because they messed up Rosalina's name in the other one)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Winter

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 02, 2013, 07:46:04 AMUmmm, no. It's actually Rosalina in the Observatory.
(Taken from the European version because they messed up Rosalina's name in the other one)

That link actually says "Rosetta of the Observatory 1". I think I'm fine with Comet Observatory, but you're welcome to discuss.
Also I looked through some of the thread and did some things.

Winter

Quote from: spitllama on February 28, 2013, 12:59:47 PMCastlevania PDF Errors:

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Evergreen

Well, normally I'd download the mus and just make another PDF, but the MUS is broken too! ANyone think they can scrounge the forums and find this song?