Errors regarding the Main Site (Spelling, 404's, Track Titles, etc...)

Started by Winter, February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I admit that all of this is rather nitpicky of us, but I do agree we need at least some sort of uniformity. Even if it looks terrible, at least have it look the same haha.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

MaestroUGC

If we're going for uniformity, then the OST should be what we go by for all of the music on the site.

If a track goes under different titles (SM Galaxy, for example) then the main title will be what's on the OST (Hell's Prominence) with the alternate title in parenthesis ("Melty Molten Galaxy") like so:

Franchise: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Title: Hell's Prominence (Melty Molten Galaxy)

As for the Pokemon series, "version" should be omitted because it is already implied by the very nature of the games. The soundtracks are mostly identical as it is, and the only indication should be the color versions, ordered chronologically.

In fact, all of the games should be entered chronologically in their respective series, but that's a different topic altogether.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Echo

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 05, 2013, 11:23:51 AMHere's an idea: what does the OST say? :P

The thing is, "Version" was added only for the English titles (and is a part of the official titles), whereas the OSTs are only in Japanese. Using the OST as a reference isn't fair in that case, because that would mean we should change all the Mega Man games' titles into "Rockman," because that's how it is in the OST. When it comes to game titles, it's better to just use the official English-localized titles.

When it comes to "professionalism..." Um... Officially, when both games are referred to, they use "and" instead of slashes, but they also write out the full titles of both games. So when talking about both Black 2 and White 2, the official way of writing it is "Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2," which does look clunky. >_>

Olimar12345

Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 05, 2013, 11:52:07 AMIf we're going for uniformity, then the OST should be what we go by for all of the music on the site.

If a track goes under different titles (SM Galaxy, for example) then the main title will be what's on the OST (Hell's Prominence) with the alternate title in parenthesis ("Melty Molten Galaxy") like so:

Franchise: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Title: Hell's Prominence (Melty Molten Galaxy)

Then level a song plays on ≠ the name of a song. Example: Look at the Cave Story OST.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Echo

Ah. That reminds me, the name scheme for Pokemon Red/Blue's OST is different from the other games (that goes for FireRed/LeafGreen too), particularly for routes. For example, "Route 1" isn't called that in the OST, but is instead titled "The Route to Viridian City -- From Pallet Town."

SlowPokemon

Yugi

The Problem with the Naming idea is that some music pieces might appear in more than one place, for example, "Kids Run through the City Corner".

Bubbles

Regardless if the system we use is the official one from the actual games and OSTs or not, they should still be consistent. If it really gets to be that big of a problem we could have a key or something on the page with the alternate names

JDMEK5

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on July 05, 2013, 07:34:57 PMIf it really gets to be that big of a problem we could have a key or something on the page with the alternate names
Now that is a good idea.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

monopoly44

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All

- Objection! mid file is missing.

Fixed

Toss Event

The MIDI and sheet music for Route 225 (Night) under Pokemon Diamond Pearl Platinum don't match.

Fixed