Errors regarding the Main Site (Spelling, 404's, Track Titles, etc...)

Started by Winter, February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

MomoQca

Some of the Xenoblade Chronicles track names on the main site needs to be changed to their official English names.

• One Who Gets In Our Way -> An Obstacle in Our Path
  • Refugee Camp -> In the Refugee Camp
  • Riki's Tenderness -> Riki's Kindness
  • Snowy Mt. Valak / Night -> Valak Mountain (Night)
  • Zanza -> Zanza the Divine

Source:
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Xenoblade_Original_Soundtrack

Maelstrom

MomoQca

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 08, 2017, 07:13:20 AMThose were the official names at the time.

They are fan translations, so no, they're most certainly not "official." We didn't get an official English version until Xenoblade Chronicles 3D came out.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Quote from: MomoQca on March 08, 2017, 06:20:01 AMSome of the Xenoblade Chronicles track names on the main site needs to be changed to their official English names.

• One Who Gets In Our Way -> An Obstacle in Our Path
  • Refugee Camp -> In the Refugee Camp
  • Riki's Tenderness -> Riki's Kindness
  • Snowy Mt. Valak / Night -> Valak Mountain (Night)
  • Zanza -> Zanza the Divine

Source:
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Xenoblade_Original_Soundtrack
Updated

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Maelstrom

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on April 22, 2017, 11:35:59 AMTetris is listed twice in the more section
The second version is the NES game which had a different soundtrack.

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

unmotivated

Dekkadeci

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 22, 2017, 07:20:53 PMDoesn't the Tetris music run into major copyright issues?
For Game Boy:
  • Korobeiniki is in the public domain.
  • All of Bach's works are in the public domain.
  • The only song that could run into copyright issues right now is Tetris Theme B.

For the NES, according to http://www.vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php/Tetris_(NES)#Music, the only songs that aren't in the public domain are composed by Hirokazu Tanaka, so those would only run into the regular number of copyright issues.

Now, Mother 3's music runs into major copyright issues. Sampling pop music, nigh-quoting classical music composers whose works aren't in the public domain...

Kanshi Talon

The track "The Almighty Boss Devil Is Challenged (Two Pianos)" under Dragon Quest V is actually called "Violent Enemies".

SuperMarina

In the recent uploads, there is a track called "It's Showtime" for Super Paper Mario on the Wii. However, the MIDI is for "Showtime!" in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. The sheet for the recent upload is the actual song from Super Paper Mario, and the sheet and file for "It's Showtime" (needs to be switched to 'Showtime!' for the official OST name) are already hosted under its respective game and console.

Someone seems to have uploaded the wrong MIDI to "It's Showtime" for Super Paper Mario, perhaps?
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.