News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - "Sage Raruto"

Started by tfender7, March 14, 2013, 01:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 15, 2013, 10:04:03 PMapp for finale

Nooooo why is it only for iPad

tfender7 I'm sure you'd easily be able to find someone to transpose the piece for you. It takes a grandiose 5 mouse clicks to do. Then you'll have sheets for saxophone!
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DonValentino

Quote from: tfender7 on March 15, 2013, 08:11:12 PMYes! :O

Well why didn't you say so earlier?! :o Woah, my avatar fits perfectly this statement... lol

Brassman388

Quote from: tfender7 on March 15, 2013, 01:12:11 PM"Noteflight® is an online music writing application that lets you create, view, print and hear music notation with professional quality, right in your web browser. Write music on your computer, tablet or smartphone, share with other users, or embed in your own pages. Sign up for a free account, or purchase a Noteflight Crescendo Try A Live Demo! subscription to take your creativity to the next level."

Alright, so, I've tried Noteflight and I gotta say. I dunno if it's because I'm biased or if truly what I'm feeling is based on something that can be deemed as legit problems. Here it's goes.

Finale is much easier to navigate within the score. Not that I spent a good amount time learning the shortcuts or whatever but, it just seemed to me that the way you switch from stave to stave or note to note was like trying to decode a bomb. Secondly, even for a free version of something, the way I viewed the score was very limited. It took me forever to find a "scroll view" option and even when I did, the tool palettes were always in the way. That's not very productive for a writer of my caliber. Finally, input, input, input. I hate having to use my mouse for anything other than to maybe select a tool or us a drop-down menu. I use my computer keyboard for everything, it feels natural, it's quick, and most importantly, I get my s*%& done. For example on Noteflight, if I made a mistake on a note, say it was the wrong duration. Obviously, I would use the arrow keys to select the note that was wrong, then I would delete it and such etc etc. Once I've deleted the note I would use my mouse to select the duration of the note that I meant to input the first time, not noticing that it was highlighting a note that was next in sequence. I would select the duration and it would change the note that it was currently highlighting. That proved difficult to work around without having to delete the whole measure and rework it from the beginning. It literally almost drove me insane.

So, basically what I'm saying is; what we do here and what we know about the program we use to produce this wonderful music on this site for it to be available to you and everyone else that are videogame music lovers is not minimal.

What I quoted from you today is basically you attempting to sell something to me that I find inefficient. I have no problem you using sheets just as long as you give credit where it's due, but posts like this need to stop.

We on the same page, Holmes?

DonValentino

Don't forget that this request is fulfilled, no matter the Noteflight discussion. :P

tfender7

Twilight Princess <3
Alto Sax
Life without music would A#/Bb
Lady GaGa <3

DonValentino